The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Well minecraft I guess. Maybe that cartoon indie?
They have published pre-existing multiplats. I think this is the first time they have published a 100% MS game onto another console.

Kinda funny how dumb internet conversations are. 5 years ago Microsoft going 3rd party was a huge part of the console warz and now its just "eh, that makes sense I guess."

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

This will be the dang game of the decade.

https://youtu.be/FknHjl7eQ6o

BananaKing

I dont know if it can beat the witcher 3. But so far it's looking amazingly impressive.

Legend

Didn't like the video. I'm worried the game will play worse than Witcher 3.

Loved the world. I'm really excited to play it for the RPG and story side of things.

Xevross

Didn't like the video. I'm worried the game will play worse than Witcher 3.

Loved the world. I'm really excited to play it for the RPG and story side of things.
Same for me, I was very hyped for this game but video put me off a bit.

Dr. Pezus

Same for me, I was very hyped for this game but video put me off a bit.
How so?

nnodley

Control is fantastic.  Abilites feel really good to control.

Excited to try out Greedfall tomorrow too!

Legend

Jelly!

Glad Control controls well. How is it compared to their past games?

nnodley

Jelly!

Glad Control controls well. How is it compared to their past games?
So far i'm liking it way more than quantum break.  Never fully finished Alan Wake, but from what I played I like it better as well.  

The story in Control is right up my alley too so that helps.

Xevross

I'm really enjoying Greedfall so far, feels like a good proper RPG :D

Xevross

Sep 13, 2019, 05:37 PM Last Edit: Sep 13, 2019, 05:39 PM by Xevross
Finished GreedFall, very much rushed the second half of it as it was getting stale. Reviews are spot on, there's basically nothing new to see after about 5 hours into the game so it starts to get really stale, especially with the lack of environmental variation (everywhere looks the same). Was supposed to be 30-40 hours but I ignored some side quests and started skipping non-important dialogue so I clocked in around 27 hours in the end.

Still a solid game and a fun enough RPG. Very glad I bought it, I hope its successful so we see more devs trying to fill this space that bioware has left. 7.5/10 is about right.

Xevross

Very early impressions - Borderlands 3 feels like it was made right after #2 yet they decided to sit on it for 5 years before releasing it. There's pretty much nothing new here, at least so far. Kind of baffling. Its a bit rough as well, small things like menu control being laggy and clunky, vehicle control feeling really outdated. The start to the game isn't exactly exciting either.

Of course its still the great Borderlands experience, yet it feels like it should be so much better than this after all this time.

Legend

Very early impressions - Borderlands 3 feels like it was made right after #2 yet they decided to sit on it for 5 years before releasing it. There's pretty much nothing new here, at least so far. Kind of baffling. Its a bit rough as well, small things like menu control being laggy and clunky, vehicle control feeling really outdated. The start to the game isn't exactly exciting either.

Of course its still the great Borderlands experience, yet it feels like it should be so much better than this after all this time.
How long was it in development? I know they made the prequel so it couldn't have been directly after 2 but that's an interesting observation.

Xevross

How long was it in development? I know they made the prequel so it couldn't have been directly after 2 but that's an interesting observation.
No idea but probably for at least 3 years. I've played some more now and I think what I said still holds very true. I went back and watched some Borderlands 2 gameplay just to be sure and yeah... there's incremental improvements to graphics and things like that but everything to do with gameplay is still pretty much the same. Menus feel about 10 years out of date.

Go Up