Can i talk about piracy here?

Started by kitler53, May 08, 2015, 05:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

or is that frowned upon?

since i packed my wii away the one thing i miss is my snes collection.  i suppose i could bring my wii back out but my controllers are broken and my wii doesn't have enough HDD space to load my entire snes collection all at once anyways.   i'm not sure i can even redownload them anymore anyways.   i suppose i could upgrade to wiiU but that's not really appealing to me and it's a lot of money to have the "privilege" to spend a dollar per title to upgrade things to the wiiU library which still isn't tied to an account that gives me confidence i won't just re-lose my library all over again.

i've payed for these titles at least twice now so i don't feel bad pirating them.

is there a nice whatever to put a micro-pc together that will directly boot into an OS that will allow my to play roms on my tv when i have a need to play some retro games?  the more console like the better here,. i have no need for it to have internet or ms office or do anything other than play roms.

any recommendations?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Emulation talk is fine. Piracy talk is fine too. It's only committing piracy through the forum or having the forum aid you in pirating that's a big no no.

On topic, snes emulation is easy! Lots of people do exactly what you want with raspberry Pi computers. Super cheap.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It would be nice if Nintendo would sell official roms of their old Games. I always feel like I'll download a virus from those websites.

kitler53

Emulation talk is fine. Piracy talk is fine too. It's only committing piracy through the forum or having the forum aid you in pirating that's a big no no.

On topic, snes emulation is easy! Lots of people do exactly what you want with raspberry Pi computers. Super cheap.

so how do i do that?

darkknightkryta

kitler53

Buy a Raspberi Pi?

from what i see that is just hardware and not any software.  also i've never used linux before.

the-pi-guy

or is that frowned upon?

Think of it like this. 
Stealing is illegal.
Talking about stealing is not.

Talking about piracy is perfectly okay, but it is bad to ask for help.
"I'm okay with piracy" - Ok
"Can someone link me a SNES rom?" - bad

Emulation is completely legal.  Making copies of a game is legal, as long as its for personal use. 

is there a nice whatever to put a micro-pc together that will directly boot into an OS that will allow my to play roms on my tv when i have a need to play some retro games?  the more console like the better here,. i have no need for it to have internet or ms office or do anything other than play roms.
any recommendations?

Hmmm, would be cool to set up Raspberry Pi to just open up SNES9x and a controller. And also display a nice selection screen for the game. 

Legend

from what i see that is just hardware and not any software.  also i've never used linux before.

https://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/

kitler53

BasilZero

I love fan translated games of games that never came out in the West!

(i.e. Final Fantasy III NES and Final Fantasy V (SNES) ;D)