Helldivers 2 |OT| Trying to serve 459k players (Bigger than GTA V)

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 23, 2024, 04:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Still growing so that's fun.

Maybe sony will pull off their gaas push.

the-pi-guy

Feb 13, 2024, 12:17 AM Last Edit: Feb 13, 2024, 12:34 AM by the-pi-guy
what is the reasonable time to expect peak peak?    like could next weekend's peak be even higher than this weekend?
I think with the launch issues, but strong word of mouth with the gameplay, it could very well peak next weekend.

At 136,695 concurrent players and growing. Best a paid Microsoft game (Halo MCC) has ever done on steam is 161k so I wonder if it'll beat that
Beaten.

kitler53

so new peak today huh.  

... pretty much means I won't be able to login again tonight. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

I bet it hits 200k today, it's trending higher today than it was yesterday. Wonder if it'll continue till the weekend.

#57 for highest player count ever currently though.

Pretty cool to see smaller devs have success.

kitler53

i could see it going a lot higher if they get their shame together.   i tried playing it again last night and just had too much trouble with match making so i bailed for talos principle again.   i really really want to be playing this but so far have barely put any time into it.   i feel like i'm not alone in this.

kitler53

btw,.. are one of you "ikol" on ps network?

i dropped in on ikol yesterday because sony made it easy and from what i've heard matchmaking is much more stable with friends.   i'm certain it was a name i added to my psn list back on vgchartz but to be honest i have no idea who it is. 

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Legend

I love dynamic lighting stuff like that.

Does the game have procedural maps? It just throws you on a world you've never been to before?

the-pi-guy

I love dynamic lighting stuff like that.

Does the game have procedural maps? It just throws you on a world you've never been to before?
Procedurally generated maps
Every drop feels new thanks to Arrowhead's procedurally generated maps. You'll explore biomes like a tropical jungle, craggy lunar surface, gray rocky planet bristling with exotic red flora, and much more. The layout of the environment changes as well, meaning enemy bases, secondary objectives, and the terrain itself will present unique scenarios for each mission.

One example shared by Arrowhead involved a duo of bug nests standing between players and the extraction point. The bugs swarmed the lone path leading to their exit, but the numbers were too great to defeat. The Helldivers strategized by calling in a smoke screen Stratagem to blind the bugs and sneak past to victory. This is just one example of how shifting mission layouts can result in emergent war stories.
blog.playstation.com

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Watched today. It sure looks fun with friends! Too bad I don't really have any RL console gaming friends heh

kitler53

Watched today. It sure looks fun with friends! Too bad I don't really have any RL console gaming friends heh
honestly, it's sometimes better without friends. 

despite the instability in matchmaking right now,.. the game is designed to make it super easy to always be playing with a full squadron of players.  you kind of have to go out of your way to disable the features that push people to play together.   but part of the fun (as you saw in the video) is you have to learn the game and the game does nothing to help you out there.   it's pretty hilarious to be in a squad that's not sure what to do and die figuring it out.   

like just last night my squad had a mission to "destroy the fuel reserves".   we found the reserves but couldn't figure out how to destroy it.    then 1 guy said,.. "hey, what's this?".   suddenly we were all sitting in the middle of a massive explosion and we wiped.    in other games this feels frustrating but in this game its a hilarious lesson learned and I couldn't stop laughing/smiling about it. 

Go Up