I fixed my internet!!!! Party with me guys!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Legend, May 30, 2014, 05:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

So as some of you guys might know, I have two internets. One is my personal internet, while the other is for business use. The personal internet is about 50 MBPS, while the business one is like 0.5 MBPS.

Well a few months ago my personal internet started getting bad. Pages just took much longer than they should to load. The weird thing was my internet still felt fast, but it just took a while to get started. So it'd take 30 seconds to load a youtube video webpage, but the video itself would fully load in just a few seconds. Eventually this got so bad that pages would take minutes to load, if ever. In fact for the past few weeks I've been browsing all the time on my work internet, since it was faster.

A few hours ago I said enough was enough, and decided to fix the problem. Started changing settings on my pc but nothing worked. I was monitoring the network while trying my business internet and it was just odd. My computer would be sending literally no data back and fourth between the router, and then almost randomly it'd kick itself to life and go at full speed. This was informative, I thought to myself. Other devices on the network had no problem so I ruled out a router issue, but this made me think it was an issue between my router and PC. So to fix this I needed to put in my router's IP adreess, log in, and just change some settings. Went searching for the router info but couldn't find it.

fudge it. So I went out and got a 50 ft ethernet cable and drilled holes through the walls. Problem solved.

the-pi-guy

fudge it. So I went out and got a 50 ft ethernet cable and used my axe to make holes through the walls. Problem solved.

I like this version better. 

Dr. Pezus

May 30, 2014, 12:01 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 12:15 PM by Pezus
Lol. That plot twist

ethomaz

May 30, 2014, 03:26 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:29 PM by ethomaz
Did you changed from Wireless to Wired? Your issue was what? I did not understand ;)

But it is party.

Legend

Did you changed from Wireless to Wired? Your issue was what?

My issue was my router not playing nice with my pc. Just needed to reset some router settings, but I couldn't find the codes.

So yeah I switched from wireless to wired.

ethomaz

My issue was my router not playing nice with my pc. Just needed to reset some router settings, but I couldn't find the codes.

So yeah I switched from wireless to wired.

RIP old router... buy a new one ;)

Legend

RIP old router... buy a new one ;)

The router is pretty new and works great with other devices through wifi.

ethomaz

May 30, 2014, 09:04 PM Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:06 PM by ethomaz

The router is pretty new and works great with other devices through wifi.

This is not like I imagine "works great" :P

I have a issue at home... my iPhone can't stay always connect to my router no matter what... it it get locked of stay some long minutes it lost the connect and I have to connect again manually or wait until the iPhone choose to do that automatically... so sometimes I'm reading a web page and when I click in a like it says need to connect to internet... so the router connect was off.

The point is that I tried the same in all others places/routers and it stay full connected 100% always... my parent's home, my work, friends, even public routers... the connection didn't drop even after hours.

But at my home it is like fudgy my dog... I hate that... all the others devices works fine (Notebook, PS3, PS4, HDTV, etc)... just my iPhone... so I stole for some days my parent's router and after that everything worked 100% with my iPhone here... today I'm using my router but I know it is the issue and not my iPhone... my router is kind of new too... a Asus that I bought 8 months ago.

I will replace it soon.

Something like happened with the old router in my parent's home... everytime my notebook connected to this router the others devices stopped to work with the internet... it was matter of time to happened... changed the router = issues vanished... the new one works absolutely amazing.

I tried to change all setthing in the router and never could fix them in both cases.

the-pi-guy

Are we still partying? 
How's it working? 

Legend

Are we still partying? 
How's it working? 

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy