F2P Titanfall battle royale out tomorrow

Started by Legend, Feb 03, 2019, 04:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Sources: Respawn to release 'Apex Legends' this Monday, a F2P BR game set in the Titanfall universe (Read OP) | ResetEra

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/01/titanfall-battle-royale-free-to-play-game-release/

UPDATE 1:

ZhugeEX said:    Yes. We've heard from multiple sources and seen tangible evidence that the game exists and that the information in the OP is based on real information.

That being said, we're keeping this marked as a rumor for now until there is official confirmation from EA, which shouldn't be too long according to the OP.  Click to expand...  UPDATE 2:

UPDATE 3:

ZhugeEX said:    I think it's worth waiting to see the game in action first.
 Yes there are no Titans and things like wall riding are not in the current iteration of the game. But a lot of the features and core feel of Titanfall 2 is still there. There is elements of parkour in the game. I think the Edge editor is wrong to say there is 'no parkour'.
 Game will be 60fps on consoles too.
 The nod to R6S is primarily because of how the game has in depth characters that you can customise.
 Also the game will have a tutorial mode to ease people in.  Click to expand...  UPDATE 4:

A new Titanfall spinoff is in the works, and it'll be out sooner than anyone could possibly guess. In fact, internet rumors (and word from our own sources) suggests that it'll be out this Monday.
 )The game isn't officially announced just yet, but word leaked out this morning thanks to esports journalist Rod Breslau. As Breslau reported today,it's called Apex Legends and will be out on Monday for PC, Xbox, and PS4. It's a free-to-play battle royale that, interestingly, won't let you use the Titan mech suits that make Titanfall so iconic. You'll have supernatural MOBA-like hero abilities and play either solo or in a team of three as you battle other players for delicious chicken dinners.  Click to expand...      Expect Apex Legends to be announced very soon, perhaps tomorrow at the Super Bowl or on Monday as a not-so-much-of-a-surprise reveal. This will be the first of two games Respawn has planned for this year, in addition to Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, which is slated to come out in the fall.  Click to expand...  So, it's happening huh.

Full article: https://kotaku.com/a-free-to-play-titanfall-battle-royale-game-will-be-out-1832291956  

Legend

Xevross

This reminds me that I need to play Titanfall 1&2.

Xevross

Think I'm gonna have to give this a try. If its got the fast paced action gameplay of Titanfall this might be the BR I've been waiting for. The #1 thing which puts me off is how long each match is and how much annoying waiting around there is.

Legend

Think I'm gonna have to give this a try. If its got the fast paced action gameplay of Titanfall this might be the BR I've been waiting for. The #1 thing which puts me off is how long each match is and how much annoying waiting around there is.
Is it even battle royale if it's fast though?

Xevross

Is it even battle royale if it's fast though?
Of course...

Legend

Of course...
Isn't it fewer players and a smaller map?

It's just deathmatch with no respawns...

the-pi-guy

Isn't it fewer players and a smaller map?

It's just deathmatch with no respawns...
Shrinking map with a large number of players to begin with.  

Legend

Shrinking map with a large number of players to begin with.  
I know what battle royale is  :P

I was referring to this game. Isn't it closer to deathmatch with no respawns?

Legend

cell shading kinda. Hmm

Legend

No blood either?

Legend

Actual game looks nothing like that trailer. Looks better. Is this a hero shooter?

Xevross

Actual game looks nothing like that trailer. Looks better. Is this a hero shooter?
Well yeah it was cinematic. And yes it is hero based.

[/size]

Legend

Well yeah it was cinematic. And yes it is hero based.

[/size]
Since when did cinematics use a different artstyle though?

Lootboxes boo.

Game itself looks nice.

Xevross

Since when did cinematics use a different artstyle though?

Lootboxes boo.

Game itself looks nice.
Oh yeah I see what you mean, that was strange.