Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

May 17, 2019, 01:53 PM Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:56 PM by Xevross
How much more does it need in total?
Basically needs to make about $10m more than IW for the rest of its lifetime from the same point. Currently $257m behind Avatar, IW made about $230m more from this point in its life not counting China, and Endgame should get about $20m more from China.

Xevross

Endgame not granted extension in China due to trade war. Scratch about $5mil off.

Xevross

May 18, 2019, 09:29 AM Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:57 AM by Xevross
Deadline is saying $7.1m friday and $27.7m weekend for Endgame. If that's true then Avatar dream seems dead unless overseas comes in big time. Edit: BOT insider says its at $7.2m with more counting still to go so that's hopeful.

John Wick 3 making an excellent estimated $57m debut weekend, and pikachu with an okay hold at $23m, hopefully it can leg out to making a profit.

Xevross

May 19, 2019, 03:04 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:43 PM by Xevross
Estimated $29.4M dom weekend for Endgame (same as IW), that's okay. Hopefully it goes up.

Overseas is $51m including thursday, without China that's about $43m compared to $33m for Infinity War. First drop less than 50%. Awesome, just gotta hold above IW now, actuals increasing would be great too.

the-pi-guy

Without looking at Xev's special sauces (I use the inferior Box Office Mojo, which doesn't do very well with "foreign" numbers).. ..

Endgame will probably be able to crawl out another 80 million in the US.

And it needs to make around 92 million elsewhere.  

It feels so close, but it'll probably be a crawl over the next few weeks at least...  

Xevross

Without looking at Xev's special sauces (I use the inferior Box Office Mojo, which doesn't do very well with "foreign" numbers).. ..

Endgame will probably be able to crawl out another 80 million in the US.

And it needs to make around 92 million elsewhere. 

It feels so close, but it'll probably be a crawl over the next few weeks at least... 
Lol its just a different forum, mojo is pretty meh, they're slow and make mistakes and some data is confusing.

If I was to bet right now I'd put Endgame about $10-20m short of Avatar, it would be a shame to come so close and fail but whatever happens it was an incredible achievement.

the-pi-guy

Lol its just a different forum, mojo is pretty meh, they're slow and make mistakes and some data is confusing.
A weird mysterious forum.

If I was to bet right now I'd put Endgame about $10-20m short of Avatar, it would be a shame to come so close and fail but whatever happens it was an incredible achievement.
:(

Dr. Pezus

Srsly? Thought it was trending alright, just above what's needed?

Xevross

May 20, 2019, 05:31 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 05:44 PM by Xevross
Last week gross was just above IW, but it needs to stay above it for rest of lifetime and its been dropping down to IW level so its unlikely it will stay above. Also IW had much less competition from this point on and had some great holds, Endgame won't be the same.

Well overseas actuals up $1.5m which is nice. Well above IW for the weekend (~$39m vs $30m), so even with worse legs it could stay above IW overseas at least. Will certainly be close with Avatar.

the-pi-guy

It's dropping fast, just look at US numbers:

AvengersIWEndgame
Weekend 2103,052,274114,774,810147,383,211
Weekend 355,644,10262,078,04763,299,904
Weekend 436,686,87129,452,903~29,411,000

For the most part, it's holding surprisingly closely to IW.  

After the second weekend, it kind of became a question of whether it was going to stay above IW (because it's a big movie), whether it was going to drop down to IW's numbers (because it's an avengers movie), or whether it was going to start dropping faster (due to being very front loaded, due to being very antipicated)

If everyone goes to see it the first weekend, then legs won't be as good.  

Most days it looks comfortably like it'll hold tightly to IW's numbers.  

Xevross

May 20, 2019, 07:38 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:23 PM by Xevross
It's dropping fast, just look at US numbers:

AvengersIWEndgame
Weekend 2103,052,274114,774,810147,383,211
Weekend 355,644,10262,078,04763,299,904
Weekend 436,686,87129,452,903~29,411,000

For the most part, it's holding surprisingly closely to IW. 

After the second weekend, it kind of became a question of whether it was going to stay above IW (because it's a big movie), whether it was going to drop down to IW's numbers (because it's an avengers movie), or whether it was going to start dropping faster (due to being very front loaded, due to being very antipicated)

If everyone goes to see it the first weekend, then legs won't be as good. 

Most days it looks comfortably like it'll hold tightly to IW's numbers. 
Only held above IW this weekend because IW got hit hard by DP2, gonna be impressive if it stays ahead in the future.

Edit: $29.97m actuals for Endgame dom.

Xevross

May 21, 2019, 03:55 PM Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:58 PM by Xevross
Endgame doing disproportionately well in vs IW in Canada compared to US, as a result monday holiday in Canada gave a great $3.2m dom monday gross, $500k more than IW on the same day. Split is 2.05m from US and 1.15m from Canada, normally Canada is about 10% of US. Endgame was also #1 movie in Canada over the 4 day weekend, narrowly beating John Wick 3.

Hopefully rest of the week holds well and Endgame can have another week out-grossing IW. IW has monster holds starting a week from now, and will surely pull ahead of Endgame at that point.

Xevross

Aladdin soundtrack has been released and people love it, which is great. Here's the new song:

Really like it.

Reviews starting to come and its 85% on RT after 13 reviews. So way too early to tell but sounds a lot better than I and most were expecting.

Dr. Pezus

Aladdin soundtrack has been released and people love it, which is great. Here's the new song:

Really like it.

Reviews starting to come and its 85% on RT after 13 reviews. So way too early to tell but sounds a lot better than I and most were expecting.
Just a bad trailer then

Nvm it's down to 60%,almost rotten

Xevross

Just a bad trailer then

Nvm it's down to 60%,almost rotten
Now 59% after 87 reviews. So yeah, not the disaster we thought it might be but still not good.

Go Up