How's School?

Started by Legend, Aug 26, 2014, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

lol well I don't think people are idiots. I struggle to think what to say to people and when I do I struggle to get it out. Its not nice

Well it's probably quite a bit different in UK, but a lot(literally a lot) of people in the US are absolutely idiots.  They think the dumbest things are funny, they are immature piece of nuggets, and they have no respect for anyone else or their elders. 

But yeah, starting a conversation is really hard for me.  Once one is started though I'm good. 

Xevross

Well it's probably quite a bit different in UK, but a lot(literally a lot) of people in the US are absolutely idiots.  They think the dumbest things are funny, they are immature piece of nuggets, and they have no respect for anyone else or their elders. 

But yeah, starting a conversation is really hard for me.  Once one is started though I'm good.

Yep its very similar here but I'm not with idiots anymore because the college I'm in has high standards (5 Bs needed to get in) and I've picked the more 'clever' subjects :P

Xevross

I'm lucky to live near it because its in the top 3 for pretty much every college league table.

nnodley

I'm lucky to live near it because its in the top 3 for pretty much every college league table.

Nice!

Luckily college people are much better to be around though. 

How many people attend the college you go too?  Mine has 30,000 enrolled.

Xevross

Nice!

Luckily college people are much better to be around though. 

How many people attend the college you go too?  Mine has 30,000 enrolled.

2000 because its a high school in American terms :P

Legend

hahahaha I keep forgetting

Xevross

How do your high schools work though? Do you have to get specific grades at ...um... middle school to get in or is it just pick one and go?

Legend

How do your high schools work though? Do you have to get specific grades at ...um... middle school to get in or is it just pick one and go?

We have districts. If you live in the district, you can go to the high school.

If you want to go out of district, then you have to apply.

Xevross

We have districts. If you live in the district, you can go to the high school.

If you want to go out of district, then you have to apply.

Yeah same here for high schools but our high schools are your middle schools, sort of. Getting into college is very similar to uni except you don't move to go to college, you find one in your area. They have lots of buses that go all over the place. Off the top of my head there's 5 good ones I could have gone to just by catching a bus.

the-pi-guy

I hate my inability to talk to people

Me too. 

the-pi-guy

My University's name actually has the word college in it. 
University of (It's a secret) : Colleges. 

Dr. Pezus

Talking to people is all about practice.

Legend

Being social basically means not being lazy.

the-pi-guy

Yeah same here for high schools but our high schools are your middle schools, sort of. Getting into college is very similar to uni except you don't move to go to college, you find one in your area. They have lots of buses that go all over the place. Off the top of my head there's 5 good ones I could have gone to just by catching a bus.

In my district, there are a few different Elementary Schools, and the one I went to is basically one building that includes 3 sections, each for Elementary, Middle, and High School.

Xevross

Being social basically means not being lazy.

Or just not being shy....

Go Up