Fallout 4 Review Thread - 87 Open, 87 Meta

Started by Xevross, Nov 09, 2015, 01:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

I thought the same, I was not expecting it to get below 90 at all. Open down to 89 too
a part of me thought it could go as high as a 96 or 97.

i guess after playing the witcher 3, reviewers got a taste of a superior open world RPG, and fallout couldnt hold up much against it.

ethomaz

i guess after playing the witcher 3, reviewers got a taste of a superior open world RPG, and fallout couldnt hold up much against it.
Well The Witcher 3 have of more boring combat system I see in a RPG... Fallout in this point is miles ahead.

BananaKing

Well The Witcher 3 have of more boring combat system I see in a RPG... Fallout in this point is miles ahead.
wut. Fallout 4's combat seems SO boring. the combat in the witcher 3 is fantastic actually.

Dr. Pezus

wut. Fallout 4's combat seems SO boring. the combat in the witcher 3 is fantastic actually.
Well fallout can both be completely real time but also tactical.

Legend

I don't know if I should get it on PS4 or PC...

DerNebel

I don't know if I should get it on PS4 or PC...
Seems like PC is the way to go if you have a good rig., modders will probably fix that version up faster than Bethesda will the PS4 version. But I honestly don't think shame like this deserves money...

Legend

Seems like PC is the way to go if you have a good rig., modders will probably fix that version up faster than Bethesda will the PS4 version. But I honestly don't think shame like this deserves money...
I have a rig but I hate playing games at a desk with keyboard and mouse. Would want to "replicate the console experience" just without bugs. My brother Neverdies had his save file get corrupted in Skyrim PS3 and backup saves couldn't solve the problem so having PC tools to get around Bethesda's incompetence would be nice.

I don't feel the need to boycott Fallout or other Bethesda games since it's just bad dev work, not ill intent. They don't make grandiose claims like "Trust us, this time the game isn't broken!"

the-pi-guy

I have a rig but I hate playing games at a desk with keyboard and mouse. Would want to "replicate the console experience" just without bugs. My brother Neverdies had his save file get corrupted in Skyrim PS3 and backup saves couldn't solve the problem so having PC tools to get around Bethesda's incompetence would be nice.

I don't feel the need to boycott Fallout or other Bethesda games since it's just bad dev work, not ill intent. They don't make grandiose claims like "Trust us, this time the game isn't broken!"
You can use DS4windows (or whatever they call it now) to use DS4 on PC.  

DerNebel

Well that's not really a claim a dev should have to make now, is it? :D

Legend

Last gen I'd use xinput for PS3 controllers. Is DS4windows better?

Also fallout 4 doesn't have native DS4 support? lame

the-pi-guy

Last gen I'd use xinput for PS3 controllers. Is DS4windows better?

Also fallout 4 doesn't have native DS4 support? lame
Not as far as I'm aware.  

I'm not sure, I used something else for PS3 controllers.  DS4windows was much better than that.  

Dr. Pezus

BananaKing

You just plug in the ps4 into a pc with a wire and it works right away

the-pi-guy

You just plug in the ps4 into a pc with a wire and it works right away
Depends on the game though.  Not all games support them.  In fact the vast vast majority do not support DS4 natively, even though the OS knows they are there.  
Many games are only designed to accept Xbox 360 input, and as such they are not playable without any additional software like DS4windows.

Far Cry 4, The Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, I believe they all have native support.  And don't require DS4windows.  

The Witcher 2 does not.  And won't work with a PC without DS4windows.  

Rorono

Down to 87..
Seems I was right when I said MGS5 had no competition for "GOTY"

Go Up