Movie Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Mar 08, 2021, 05:26 PM Last Edit: Mar 08, 2021, 05:29 PM by Dr. Pezus
I really like tenet as well. the reverse time machine was a pretty cool take on time travel.  

I don't have anything in particular to complain about but I did feel like the idea wasn't as fully realized as inception was.  still a great idea with some pretty awesome fight/action scences as a result of the premise.
a sign of the times.  no one wants to see a damsel in distress type movie anymore.

personally I'm a bit disappointed that so much of "equality" is making women be agressive, violent, and independent. it is basically writing the role for a man and casting a women.   I genuinely think the quote "femine" qualities deserve to be idolized more: kindness, empathy, community, ect.

I suppose that doesn't make for as entertaining of a movie though.
Well the main character had some of the usual female traits as well. Just not that one dimensional like before

Raya was great. Had dumb baby humor but I'd recomend it. No spoilers Kitler, but watch it. Plot was original.

Tenet was also great. I liked it less on my second viewing but I still love it.
Yeah lol the humor was one thing that wasn't great but the kids in the cinema laughed quite a bit

aye aye captain.  I intended to but I'll watch it with my wife.  might be a while before we are both in the mood for.   we just got to soul last weekend,..

dice this is the right thread soul was pretty meh.  felt like the recycled inside out's premise.
Good times for animated movies! Soul was amazing imo

Don't really know why though but I connected with the overall message there