Hunger is the new adventure game from LittleBigPlanet Vita's Tarsier Studios

Started by ethomaz, May 21, 2014, 02:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

It got my interest...

Today, at the Nordic Game Conference 2014, we were awarded 500.000 Danish Kroner (67.000 EUR) in development support from the Nordic Game Program for the concept of our new IP 'Hunger' (working title).

'Hunger' is a third-person 3D action adventure game with stealth and exploration elements. A nine-year old girl named Six is kidnapped from her home and taken to work in The Maw - a surreal underwater resort catering to the whims of the powerful elite. When an unexpected twist of fate offers her a chance at freedom, Six takes a journey through the bizarre and unpredictable world of The Maw, and catches a glimpse at the corrupt heart of modern happiness.

"This is not only a huge vote of confidence from the Nordic Game Program expert group," says CEO Ola Holmdahl. "The grant enables us to explore an idea we are deeply passionate about. Hunger holds fantastic potential, and our job now is to harness that promise into a great experience."

I liked the concept art.

http://tarsier.se/blog/tarsier-secures-funding-for-hunger-concept

From @Pezus region.

Another Dev that have a GAF account.

Quote from: Syroc / Tarsier Studios
Super excited about this!

As mentioned earlier, we are currently aiming to make it a downloadable title for PS4. I can't say more than that and what's in the blog post, but it's really encouraging to see that you guys like what we've revealed today.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112837783#post112837783

7H3

interesting... I wonder if this is their main project or a side project... I do hope they come out with something with the creation mode that made LBP great
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

ethomaz

interesting... I wonder if this is their main project or a side project... I do hope they come out with something with the creation mode that made LBP great

Well they are not Media Molecule... they just ported LittleBigPlane to Vita ;)

7H3

OHHHH... I'm still a bit tired / off this morning... even still title is misleading :-p
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

Sweet. Only in concept stages still, though?