Naughty Dog "working on two new experiences"

Started by the-pi-guy, May 16, 2014, 08:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Talking about The Last of Us Remaster

Quote from: Druckmann

We're working on this re-release, but at the same time we're working on two other brand-new experiences

http://www.edge-online.com/features/the-last-of-it-naughty-dog-on-bringing-the-last-of-us-to-ps4/

Legend

Last of us DLC and Uncharted?

the-pi-guy

That'd be my guess. 

Raven

I know it's good to keep expectations in check but the two of you are just being lame about it.

Legend

I know it's good to keep expectations in check but the two of you are just being lame about it.

Would you rather Uncharted wasn't one of the things they were working on?  :o

the-pi-guy

In that case, I'm expecting the two experiences to be a Naughty Dog themed baseball and an Uncharted themed basketball. 

Raven

Have you two not considered that he may have been referring to something else BESIDES Uncharted and The Last of Us?

nnodley

Uhm! TLOU DLC is done.  they released the last pack on may 5th.  So it can't be that.

the-pi-guy

May 16, 2014, 10:05 PM Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:49 AM by the-pi-guy

Have you two not considered that he may have been referring to something else BESIDES Uncharted and The Last of Us?

Naughty Dog themed baseball is not related to either of those. 
RAVEN KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS LOW!  Or else, you'll get disappointed.  I'm keeping my expectations at negative 1000 for E3.  My expectation will be at most that Sony will announce a potato.  This way I can be blown away by anything and everything they announce.  Whereas you, will be hungry for more.  (the funny part is I accidentally just put me instead of more) You will be hungry for me.

Raven

The whole team who did The Last of Us is certainly not doing the port. They said it's not an insignificant team but it's not a full production. Last I heard, DLC for TLOU was done after this last one they just did. So if you ask me it sounds like he's referring to Uncharted and something else. The language he used was "We're working on this re-release, but at the same time we're working on two other brand-new experiences".  Why use the term "brand-new". That is usually reserved for describing something no one has seen before. Not something additional to what we already have. It's actually not even impossible that at this point they have Uncharted and maybe two other projects in the works at different stages.

the-pi-guy

Raven

Naughty Dog themed baseball is not related to either of those. 
RAVEN KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS LOW!  Or else, you'll get disappointed.  I'm keeping my expectations at negative 1000 for E3.  My expectation will be at most that Sony will announce a potato.  This way I can be blown away by anything and everything they announce.  Whereas you, will be hungry for more.  (the funny part is I accidentally just put me instead of more) You will be hungry for me.

First, don't use scrolling text. Like, ever again. Second, I have no expectations of them coming out at E3 and going, "GAIS! WE HAVE UNCHARTED 4, THE LAST OF US 2, AND SAVAGE STARLIGHT! OMG HYPE!". I'm just saying that the language he used is not typical of someone just saying they're working on something we've already seen. Saying "brand-new experiences" doesn't sound like a sequel or DLC. It could very well be but we know quite well that the whole TLOU team is not working on this port-up and the DLC, from what I heard, was done now.

Raven

For fudge's sake, I'm not Selnor or Goatseye.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Would you rather Uncharted wasn't one of the things they were working on?  :o

Uncharted: Next-Gen Move Edition and Uncharted 4 is my guess