Legend

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

People complaining about SJWs incoming
Why do they always have to stick that token black dragon into things smh

the-pi-guy

Why do they always have to stick that token black dragon into things smh
Black men and white women.  

All this forced diversity, political correctness, ugh!  It's ruining society .

BananaKing

I would be excited. But usually animated movies have bas sequels, if not part 3 sucks. They just lose their originality.

the-pi-guy

I would be excited. But usually animated movies have bas sequels, if not part 3 sucks. They just lose their originality.
1->2 felt like a fair quality drop, but it's still pretty solid.  
I'm a little optimistic.  

Xevross

With thursday's domestic of about $4.5m, Solo has finally reach TFA's total!

Spoiler for Hidden:
That is, what TFA achieved in one day - $119m.

Legend

With thursday's domestic of about $4.5m, Solo has finally reach TFA's total!

Spoiler for Hidden:
That is, what TFA achieved in one day - $119m.

Well that's a pretty good way to sum up how bad the movie is doing.

Xevross

Well that's a pretty good way to sum up how bad the movie is doing.
Yeah. Here's another. It was children's day today in China, so films that are popular with families cab get big boosts.

Infinity War, for example, was up 186% today. Solo was up a mere 20%. A China BO expert said "no one will take their child to see a Star Wars movie", earlier when predicting this. Ouch.

Legend

Has the deal with Disney buying Fox gone through? I wonder if this will push them into putting more on Avatar 2-5 to pick up from Star Wars slowing down.

Xevross

Has the deal with Disney buying Fox gone through? I wonder if this will push them into putting more on Avatar 2-5 to pick up from Star Wars slowing down.
Not yet. I think Avatar 2-5 are getting enough funding anyway. JC is a top director and won't waste money, so $250m per movie is loads.

Legend

Not yet. I think Avatar 2-5 are getting enough funding anyway. JC is a top director and won't waste money, so $250m per movie is loads.
I mean more marketing and tie in content. Try to make that a big franchise like Star Wars, since Avatar has more world wide potential.

Xevross

I mean more marketing and tie in content. Try to make that a big franchise like Star Wars, since Avatar has more world wide potential.
Oh I see. Yeah I think they will do that, but it won't take too much effort on their part. Avatar is by far the biggest film of all time of course. They already have games planned too.

Xevross

Jun 01, 2018, 08:49 PM Last Edit: Jun 01, 2018, 08:51 PM by Xevross
Jesus effing christ, Solo is performing so badly. Despite a fairly low opening weekend, most experts are thinking its drop will be in the high 60s%. That's absolutely terrible with no competition this week.

For example, last year POTC5 launched the same weekend as Solo, launched much larger, and faced Wonder Woman on its second weekend, but that was still 'only' a 65% drop. Justice League, another high profile flop with numbers close to Solo managed a -56% second weekend.

Solo might actually struggle to hit $200m domestic. Which means it hasn't much chance of making $400m WW. Holy crud.

the-pi-guy

Did you see the movie?  
Was it not good?  

Go Up