Bloodborne: 92...

Started by Raven, Jun 15, 2014, 05:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

7H3

I'll probably wait on this one... I'm interested but its not a must buy for me at this point in time...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Max King of the Wild

If it's anything like demon souls then I'll skip. Loved the level design and atmosphere. Loved the concept and gameplay. Hated the fudgy difficulty. I like being able to beat my games without glitching. Make it hard? Fine. I don't expect to get past everything first try. Make it so hard you don't have a shot first time facing a boss? Eh.. Okay I'll grind a bit. Make it so hard that you only last a second longer after grinding a week? fudge that.

7H3

If it's anything like demon souls then I'll skip. Loved the level design and atmosphere. Loved the concept and gameplay. Hated the fudgy difficulty. I like being able to beat my games without glitching. Make it hard? Fine. I don't expect to get past everything first try. Make it so hard you don't have a shot first time facing a boss? Eh.. Okay I'll grind a bit. Make it so hard that you only last a second longer after grinding a week? fudge that.

yeah i mean I want a challenge, but not to the point where I have to grind relentlessly grinding is my least favorite aspect in gaming. I don't want everything handed me on a silver platter but I don't want to have to do the same thing over and over again just for a measly reward. I want to play and enjoy the game not have it feel like work...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Max King of the Wild

yeah i mean I want a challenge, but not to the point where I have to grind relentlessly grinding is my least favorite aspect in gaming. I don't want everything handed me on a silver platter but I don't want to have to do the same thing over and over again just for a measly reward. I want to play and enjoy the game not have it feel like work...
for the fake king I went through each level and cleared them easily. Start to finish killing everything.   went to fight the guy and had my dog handed to me. Wasn't even close. If you could camp high exp mobs with a quick respawn time then it wouldn't be that terrible. But in that case I'd just play wow or eq

Legend

It's much less grindy than demon souls, but from my time with it it's still just as hard.

Raven

Xevross

^^ looks amazing in so many ways!!

kitler53

for the fake king I went through each level and cleared them easily. Start to finish killing everything.   went to fight the guy and had my dog handed to me. Wasn't even close. If you could camp high exp mobs with a quick respawn time then it wouldn't be that terrible. But in that case I'd just play wow or eq

if you think grinding out a few levels will help you out let me tell you right now you are playing the game wrong,. oh so wrong.  heading into dark souls i was frustrated about the lack of challenge i saw early on so i just decided to stop leveling up.  i beat the game without problems even though i was 60 or so levels below expectations.  i got almost 3/4 of the way though ng+ without leveling too.  it wasn't until i was about 120 or so levels below expectations that the game truly became hard to play

your stats are almost meaningless.  the only way to win is to have a winning strategy and once you have a winning strategy the game is as easy,.. like really easy.  the "hard" part of these games is realizing this game isn't an action game but rather an action oriented puzzle game.  once you realize every encounter is a puzzle waiting to be solved the game isn't hard or griding or frustrating. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Raven

if you think grinding out a few levels will help you out let me tell you right now you are playing the game wrong,. oh so wrong.  heading into dark souls i was frustrated about the lack of challenge i saw early on so i just decided to stop leveling up.  i beat the game without problems even though i was 60 or so levels below expectations.  i got almost 3/4 of the way though ng+ without leveling too.  it wasn't until i was about 120 or so levels below expectations that the game truly became hard to play

your stats are almost meaningless.  the only way to win is to have a winning strategy and once you have a winning strategy the game is as easy,.. like really easy.  the "hard" part of these games is realizing this game isn't an action game but rather an action oriented puzzle game.  once you realize every encounter is a puzzle waiting to be solved the game isn't hard or griding or frustrating. 

Until you're surrounded by enemies then strategy goes out the window and you just hope for good timing. But yeah, point being, leveling in these games only helps to make things slightly easier. You either need good strategies or good timing. Powering through the game doesn't work. Even at times when it does you're bound to run into a point where it doesn't matter what your level is. Rely on bulldozing the content in games like this and you're going to get your dog kicked.

kitler53

Until you're surrounded by enemies then strategy goes out the window and you just hope for good timing. But yeah, point being, leveling in these games only helps to make things slightly easier. You either need good strategies or good timing. Powering through the game doesn't work. Even at times when it does you're bound to run into a point where it doesn't matter what your level is. Rely on bulldozing the content in games like this and you're going to get your dog kicked.

my strategy involved never getting surrounded.  xD

...but seriously,. once you learn where all the enemies are hiding i don't think there is really any place where you can't limit encounters down to 2-3 at a time.  is there?  maybe the baby skeleton room but those guys are such bedsprings anyways.

Raven

my strategy involved never getting surrounded.  xD

...but seriously,. once you learn where all the enemies are hiding i don't think there is really any place where you can't limit encounters down to 2-3 at a time.  is there?  maybe the baby skeleton room but those guys are such bedsprings anyways.

I guess I'm more or less referring to Bloodborne as from what I understand you will be facing off against more enemies on average than previous Souls games. I don't recall many instances in the others where I or a friend of mine had been surrounded by dangerous enemies.

Dr. Pezus

Raven

I hope this game slaps on the nipple clamps and spanks me like a gym teacher.

DerNebel

I'm so excited for this, hiiiii

Also I can't wait for the Order to release so all the trolls can move on to Bloodborne to tell us why it's not worth anyones time. :-D

kitler53

I hope this game slaps on the nipple clamps and spanks me like a gym teacher.

don't google image that.   ...at work.

Go Up