PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

May 16, 2015, 12:25 AM Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 12:29 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Okay, So I did a few benchmarks on War thunder For Sli, I was starting to get pissed because at 1080 I was getting worst performance in SLI than on a single card.

But then I deiced what the hell. I'll run it at 4k. The game maxed out averaged 45 FPS with a low average of 30ish, And with SLI 75 FPS with a low of 60. Not bad, I could probably turn off most anti aliasing and get even more FPS as it wont be needed in 4k Down sampled.

It's weird that it produced a gain at 4k, but a loss at 1080.

Ran the test again with anti aliasing off with a high average of 89 and a low average of 65. A decent gain.

Legend

Okay, So I did a few benchmarks on War thunder For Sli, I was starting to get pissed because at 1080 I was getting worst performance in SLI than on a single card.

But then I deiced what the heck. I'll run it at 4k. The game maxed out averaged 45 FPS with a low average of 30ish, And with SLI 75 FPS with a low of 60. Not bad, I could probably turn off most anti aliasing and get even more FPS as it wont be needed in 4k Down sampled.

It's weird that it produced a gain at 4k, but a loss at 1080.

Ran the test again with anti aliasing off with a high average of 89 and a low average of 65. A decent gain.

Yeah it's interesting how wonky sli is for you.

the-pi-guy

Internet suggests CPU bottleneck, or refreshing drivers.
Have you tried a good SLI game? 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Warthunder is or at least was, witcher 2 I was getting 1500 fps

Mmm_fish_tacos

Internet suggests CPU bottleneck, or refreshing drivers.
Have you tried a good SLI game? 

What cpu should I get

Dr. Pezus

wat. With Uber Sampling?

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

Do you mean 150?  If not, max out your settings!! 
Maybe try over clocking first.  Don't want to push you into getting a new CPU when you might not need one.  Especially if the issue lies elsewhere. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Do you mean 150?  If not, max out your settings!! 
Maybe try over clocking first.  Don't want to push you into getting a new CPU when you might not need one.  Especially if the issue lies elsewhere. 

That is max, Uber sample off. Only change. I think with it on I was getting 100 fps or something.

Dr. Pezus

That is max, Uber sample off. Only change. I think with it on I was getting 100 fps or something.
Why wouldn't you have it on then? Looks much better

Mmm_fish_tacos

Why wouldn't you have it on then? Looks much better

Just cause I wanted to see how many fps I could push, and that's a huge power drain.

Mmm_fish_tacos

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia/58/core-i7-4770k-vs-amd-fx-8350-with-gtx-980-vs-gtx-780-sli-at-4k/index.html

I'm not seeing upgrading my cpu being worth the extra cost, while their aMD cpu is slightly better than the one I'm using it's not doing bad when compared with and intel cpu.

the-pi-guy

Which do you have?
I was reading the same earlier. 
Something must be wrong though. 

Go Up