PC Community Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

Is that even legal? 

Technically yes, but pretty much no.

In most cases a 3rd party steals credit cards and buys steam keys. They then sell the keys to these resellers. The resellers like cdkeys have protection since they can claim they don't know where the keys come from.

I certainly wouldn't trust any of them, especially since every once in a while Steam tracks the stolen credit cards and deactivates the keys.

Dr. Pezus

Technically yes, but pretty much no.

In most cases a 3rd party steals credit cards and buys steam keys. They then sell the keys to these resellers. The resellers like cdkeys have protection since they can claim they don't know where the keys come from.

I certainly wouldn't trust any of them, especially since every once in a while Steam tracks the stolen credit cards and deactivates the keys.
I have never heard about then deactivating from cdkeys.com. They are legit

Legend

On their FAQ they explain "We buy from all corners of the globe to ensure the cheapest possible prices." That sure sounds sketchy.

Granted yes the odds of having a key revoked are low.

the-pi-guy

It's a grey market.  :P

Dr. Pezus

On their FAQ they explain "We buy from all corners of the globe to ensure the cheapest possible prices." That sure sounds sketchy.

Granted yes the odds of having a key revoked are low.
They probably just buy from Russia/Brazil/Asia for very low prices.

the-pi-guy

They probably just buy from Russia/Brazil/Asia for very low prices.

*Possibly stolen*

Mmm_fish_tacos

So I plugged in my old plasma just to see, It's only 720 so i ran 4x native resolution and was getting an average of 95 FPS with everything all the way up to the max. I'll run a test here in a bit with one card. It seems i'll be able to run VR @ 1440 75fps? But i have a another question, One cpu is running about 65 C while the other is running 75c. What temps are you guys seeing when running your cards and whats the breaking point? Should i look into some cooling?

the-pi-guy

So I plugged in my old plasma just to see, It's only 720 so i ran 4x native resolution and was getting an average of 95 FPS with everything all the way up to the max. I'll run a test here in a bit with one card. It seems i'll be able to run VR @ 1440 75fps? But i have a another question, One cpu is running about 65 C while the other is running 75c. What temps are you guys seeing when running your cards and whats the breaking point? Should i look into some cooling?

80C is usually where one should get concerned. 
Mine runs 50-70, I think. 

the-pi-guy

Biggest thing is that you've got 2 big GPUs sitting next to each other. 
That means, it's going to get hot.
-GPUs get hot as is. 
-the second one isn't getting as much air as the first one.  So it gets even hotter. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Biggest thing is that you've got 2 big GPUs sitting next to each other. 
That means, it's going to get hot.
-GPUs get hot as is. 
-the second one isn't getting as much air as the first one.  So it gets even hotter. 

Yeah, and this is with the side open. It's going to get hotter if I shut it. I really don't need to run the cards like I am now. It's just for personal satisfaction.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, and this is with the side open. It's going to get hotter if I shut it. I really don't need to run the cards like I am now. It's just for personal satisfaction.

Having the side open isn't necessarily what you want. 
If you have the GPUs right next to eachother, then the fan is getting almost closed off  by the other GPU. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Having the side open isn't necessarily what you want. 
If you have the GPUs right next to eachother, then the fan is getting almost closed off  by the other GPU. 

There's a space between the gpu's. But i've had the side open because i've been having problems and taking stuff in and out. Not for cooling.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well i just ran the same exact setting with only one gpu it and was only running 45 fps. So that's about 40 FPS gain in the same location and setting. I think that's pretty significant.

DD_Bwest

figured id put this hear lol just awesome, and must have taken a hell of alot of work

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=88c_1430737335

utterly impressive!

Go Up