Dreams beta tomorrow?

Started by Dr. Pezus, Dec 17, 2018, 06:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Nice! Wonder what took them so long, game has looked pretty finished for ages.

Legend

Lots and lots of optimization. Everything needs to be optimized for performance and the experience needs to be optimized so that it's fun to create.

the-pi-guy

Well, it doesn't help that they basically wrote the game, only to scrap it and remake it twice more.

Xevross

Well, it doesn't help that they basically wrote the game, only to scrap it and remake it twice more.
Yeah that would probably do it.

Lots and lots of optimization. Everything needs to be optimized for performance and the experience needs to be optimized so that it's fun to create.
Well I know about all that but MM seem to be taking way longer with this than they should.

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

As long as it's fun to play, create, and share, this will print Sony and MM money.

Xevross

As long as it's fun to play, create, and share, this will print Sony and MM money.
I hope so, it just needs to catch on. Also there needs to be a way for everyone to try it for free (not just a beta). Its going to take trying it out to convince a lot of people.

Legend

Not without dlc/microtransactions. They need a way to make money beyond the first 60 bucks.

Xevross

Not without dlc/microtransactions. They need a way to make money beyond the first 60 bucks.
What would they monetize in this though? I guess they could have content packs and things like that. Also maybe they could keep making their own games within dreams and selling them for a small price.

the-pi-guy

Take a 30% cut from user content.  Allow users to sell models, full games.
Also sell professionally made  content from MM.  

nnodley

Dec 18, 2018, 12:36 AM Last Edit: Dec 18, 2018, 12:38 AM by nnodley
I'm sure they have something in the works. They would be stupid not too.  As long as it's meaningful DLC and MT's they should be good.

Take a 30% cut from user content.  Allow users to sell models, full games.
Also sell professionally made  content from MM.  
This would be dope if they allowed consumers to sell and make some money off their work creating in the game.  I believe their hope is for this to turn into a platform for people to make and sell games.  I know you are suppose to be able to take models you create in the game and be able to 3d print them.   Tons of room for expansion in this if it is a huge hit.

Legend

I'm sure they have something in the works. They would be stupid not too.  As long as it's meaningful DLC and MT's they should be good.
This would be dope if they allowed consumers to sell and make some money off their work creating in the game.  I believe their hope is for this to turn into a platform for people to make and sell games.  I know you are suppose to be able to take models you create in the game and be able to 3d print them.   Tons of room for expansion in this if it is a huge hit.
That'd be so cool but is it unrealistic?

They'd have to do so much work to set up the back end for that. I don't see a way to make it possible on PS4 without huge sacrifices.

Also it'd kinda suck as a player. The game would need to become free to play for paid user games to work.

Xevross

Livestream starting in a few mins!

Twitch

Mmm_fish_tacos

Any word on a beta?