The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Beat Saber for Oculus Quest announced.

Half Life VR references found in DOTA 2 update. 

https://www.roadtovr.com/openxr-0-9-provisional-release-microsoft-oculus-collabora-implementations/

VR is starting to get standardized.

the-pi-guy

Rift S announced.

The result is a new VR device that is more comfortable, sports 2560 x 1440 resolution (or 1280 x 1440 per eye), and features the same inside-out tracking system that will ship on Oculus' upcoming standalone Quest headset, which the company calls Oculus Insight. That way, you won't need cumbersome cameras to enable full-body movement
Makes it lower res than the quest .

nnodley

quest is my next VR purchase.  Hoping to only get wireless VR from here on out.  Hoping for PSVR 2 wireless. At least the headset.  Don't care if there are some extra wires, but don't want wires going to the headset.

the-pi-guy

quest is my next VR purchase.  Hoping to only get wireless VR from here on out.  Hoping for PSVR 2 wireless. At least the headset.  Don't care if there are some extra wires, but don't want wires going to the headset.
Sony made a patent that shows a wireless PSVR.  No guarantees, but PSVR 2 will definitely be a step up over Rift S.  

the-pi-guy

Valve talks about an experimental super bright screen.  "Fire hazard bright". 

Says it makes every other headset disappointing. 

A little after 14 min.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Have you been using your Rift much?  
And is there a game type you wish for in VR?
I've used it a lot for development but nothing outside that recently.

Locomotion issues make a lot of my "dream" vr games unrealistic at the moment. Instead right now I really like small highly detailed vr spaces. I loved the rift demo in the rv.

the-pi-guy

I've used it a lot for development but nothing outside that recently.
That's fair.

Locomotion issues make a lot of my "dream" vr games unrealistic at the moment. Instead right now I really like small highly detailed vr spaces. I loved the rift demo in the rv.
But what would you like?  :D

Kind of a silly thing, but you should try out Coco.  It's free, but it's pretty neat.  

nnodley

quest is up for preorder to release on may 21.  

Got mine preordered and ready!

nnodley

Oculus quest is amazing!  So nice being untethered.  Controller tracking is great

Legend

the-pi-guy

So I've been putting some time into Sairento.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3jXqjhWefE

And it's weird.  
It's super fast paced.  I don't actually get very motion sick from it (a little, but not much), I get more sick with Minecraft.  But it's fast paced, and it feels half good, half awkward.  

I really love moving around.  It's like a mix between teleportation and artificial locomotion.  You point to a location and you do a high speed motion there.  The bad part is while trying to attack, you often miss because of how fast you move. Which doesn't feel great.  

It takes away from immersion, but it's fun as heck jumping.

This does a lot of stuff well that I expected to suck.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Go Up