Yamauchi talks about the future of Gran Turismo

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 03, 2019, 01:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future' | ResetEra

"I think in terms of races themselves and physics GT Sport has really reached the best place that we've ever reached - we're at a very good place," says Yamauchi. "On the other hand, obviously we're working on the next Gran Turismo already, and the world of sport we've achieved through GT Sport is something I've always imagined to be the future of Gran Turismo. We were able to establish that now."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
"I don't normally play the past editions of Gran Turismo," answers Yamauchi. "But since I started doing the world tours, the players, they're all young guys but they all bring GT2 or GT3with them - like, how old were you when this game came out!? So I've had more opportunity to play them recently, and it's surprising how much I've forgotten!"  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
"Having done all these World Tours, it gave me the opportunity to feel the history of Gran Turismo," he adds. "It gives me pointers and hints of the things we should make sure that we do in the future of the series."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
What does this mean for the next title -- whether it's GT7 or GTS2? "I think the next title that we're going to create will be a combination of the past, present and future - a complete form of Gran Turismo," he answers.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
"The first thing that's going to be affected by more power is VR," says Yamauchi. "I don't think that there's anything else that requires that much processing power. I really like VR; I'm one to believe in the possibilities of it, and it's very suited for a driving game."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
www.gtplanet.net   Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'  We recently got the opportunity to sit down with Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi. The round-table chat took place during a break in the schedule at the Nurburgring World…   www.gtplanet.net www.gtplanet.net    
 This is something that Kaz retweeted recently from one of that FIA GT racers

Note that he's playing the campaign disc.  
[/size]