Nintendo Community Thread

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2014, 04:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

am i the only one that think this looks terribly out of place in smash?
Smash already has lots of weird shame.

the-pi-guy

Nintendo Switch has 20 games above a 90 MC.  
5 of which are first party. One of which is essentially a repackaging of a Wii U game.  
Several of the other 15, are indie games and a couple of them you get the impression they are only there because they didn't get enough reviews.  

I don't really understand Nintendo. They can make really great games when they make them.  

Sony just seems concerned with making more games, better games and making them faster. Nintendo is like "I'm pretty sure I gave you what you wanted already. We made Super Mario Odyssey. You're trying to tell me you want another new 3D Mario?  We just gave you one 3 years ago, you greedy son of....  
Oh you want something new, we had um mario + rabbits, splatoon.  That's still new right?"

kitler53

Nintendo Switch has 20 games above a 90 MC.  
5 of which are first party. One of which is essentially a repackaging of a Wii U game.  
Several of the other 15, are indie games and a couple of them you get the impression they are only there because they didn't get enough reviews.  

I don't really understand Nintendo. They can make really great games when they make them.  

Sony just seems concerned with making more games, better games and making them faster. Nintendo is like "I'm pretty sure I gave you what you wanted already. We made Super Mario Odyssey. You're trying to tell me you want another new 3D Mario?  We just gave you one 3 years ago, you greedy son of....  
Oh you want something new, we had um mario + rabbits, splatoon.  That's still new right?"

to me the worst of it is every nintendo game is still at full price. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

to me the worst of it is every nintendo game is still at full price.
Or how about when they pull things out of print?  Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are gone.  I'm guessing there's a repack for Zelda coming, but I don't know about Xenoblade.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Wait, I thought they wouldn't remove it if you already bought it?

the-pi-guy

Wait, I thought they wouldn't remove it if you already bought it?
It's about the free online game, not the 3D collection.

Super Mario Bros. 35 - Wikipedia

the-pi-guy

Nintendo is not your friend, and this is one of the most frightening examples of this.

A new leak has appeared as usual on 4chan, yet another one in the gigaleak series. This one is mostly pretty boring, as it contains an early Switch SDK and legal documents related to anti-piracy efforts. However, this one specially caught my attention:

https://www.docdroid.net/b39lzeo/final-enforcement-proposal-neimod-4-5-13-pdf

It's worth noting that Neimod was never involved in anything piracy-related. He was a hacker, he released exploits that allowed CFW in the Nintendo 3DS. He didn't commit a crime, yet Nintendo not only spied on him, they also threatened him in his actual home.

This is nuts.

Additional slides from another document:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-nintendo-leaks-shows-how-they-spied-and-legally-threatened-a-3ds-cfw-homebrew-developer-would-approach-him-at-his-home.348595/

Legend

I don't understand what is wrong with that, outside of general things beyond Nintendo.

the-pi-guy

I don't understand what is wrong with that, outside of general things beyond Nintendo.
I think it's a little weird to be watching someone's activities and watching who is leaving and going.

Legend

I think it's a little weird to be watching someone's activities and watching who is leaving and going.
Yeah I think P.I.s can be creepy.

Xevross

I'm loving Hyrule Warriors AOC so far, its basically everything I wanted the game to be.

Legend

Xevross

3D world is definitely a step below the other 3D mario games I've played (Galaxy 1&2 and Odyssey). Those three games are all easy 10/10. This is like an 8/10, still great but nothing special about it. Feels very much like 2D mario in that way I guess.

Go Up