https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-we-talk-about-linking-to-resetera-threads.9777/

Started by kitler53, Oct 16, 2020, 09:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Oct 16, 2020, 09:18 PM Last Edit: Oct 16, 2020, 09:35 PM by the-pi-guy
@yeah Legend, what happened to bot?

I know this is aimed at me.  You're welcome. Giving everyone a little finger workout having to click another link. :P

I sometimes don't when I'm on mobile.

kitler53

i really don't care if you want to link there.  they have interesting topics.  but a post shouldn't be only a link. 

just saying.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

i really don't care if you want to link there.  they have interesting topics.  but a post shouldn't be only a link.

just saying.
I know. I wasn't disagreeing.

I'm just saying it's usually because I'm on mobile and lazy. :P

I'll try harder.

Xevross

i really don't care if you want to link there.  they have interesting topics.  but a post shouldn't be only a link.

just saying.
Yeah I 100% agree, I pretty much never do this for my threads and it annoys me. My NPD thread I did add the numbers in the title so it wasn't super low effort but I was in the middle of playing ghost with a friend and now I'm going to edit it a bit more.

Legend

@yeah Legend, what happened to bot?

I know this is aimed at me.  You're welcome. Giving everyone a little finger workout having to click another link. :P

I sometimes don't when I'm on mobile.
Resetera just changed a thing which temp broke quote linking.

Since people seemed to dislike it about 50% of the time, I haven't had the free time to fix it yet. Would like to do a proper fixup instead of just fix the current glitch.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/posts-should-be-more-than-just-a-link.9777/

Posting a resetera thread when the thread itself is interesting is good imo.

Posting it just to copy the op is pretty lazy though  :P

Xevross

Resetera just changed a thing which temp broke quote linking.

Since people seemed to dislike it about 50% of the time, I haven't had the free time to fix it yet. Would like to do a proper fixup instead of just fix the current glitch.
Posting a resetera thread when the thread itself is interesting is good imo.

Posting it just to copy the op is pretty lazy though  :P
I never liked the automatic quoting, it was bad most of the time. I always added my own quotes of what I was wanting to highlight in my posts and go back and delete any not added quotes.