Sony Japan Studio to reveal an unannounced game in 2019

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 29, 2018, 05:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sony Japan Studio to reveal an unannounced game in 2019 | ResetEra

https://twinfinite.net/2018/12/sony-japan-studio-unannounced-game/

https://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20181219044/

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio just released the critically acclaimed Astro Bot Rescue Mission and they have more in store according to Producer Teruyuki Toriyama, as he explained in a New Year special on the Japanese website 4Gamer.  Click to expand...      Toriyama-san, who recently worked on the aforementioned Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Déraciné, and Bloodborne, mentioned that in 2019 studio will be preparing to reveal an unannounced title in development, so he's going to gear up for the launch of a new project.  Click to expand...      Considering that Sony is going to skip E3 in 2019, it'll also be interesting to see when and how this kind of reveals will be made.  Click to expand...    
[/size]

Legend

Maybe another VR game?

Xevross

darkknightkryta

Legend of Dragoon remake or GTFO

Horizon

This is definitely the last major PS4 exclusive. Benji an insider on resetera said only major PS4 exclusive remains and it is not a VR game or remake and is made in-house. Everyone thought Japan studio were done but they have been working on a game since 2015. Kuono is rumoured to be the director as well.

Dr. Pezus

Astro Bot 2! Knack 3!

the-pi-guy

This is definitely the last major PS4 exclusive. Benji an insider on resetera said only major PS4 exclusive remains and it is not a VR game or remake and is made in-house. Everyone thought Japan studio were done but they have been working on a game since 2015. Kuono is rumoured to be the director as well.
Benji could have been talking about a different title.  

Xevross

Astro Bot 2! Knack 3!
Astro Knack: Rescue Cerny

DerNebel

Could people in that thread please stop screaming for Knack 3? Even if they are being ironic about it? Sony apparently didn't catch that the first time and seemingly thought people actually wanted another Knack, which led to one of the clearest wastes of money and development resources of the generation and a colossal bomb.

There are probably a million better things for Sony Japan to spend money and people on than another freaking Knack game. Knack is simply a god awful IP, the character itself is such an utterly unappealing mascot character that it's almost amazing.

Seriously, are you Henrik?

the-pi-guy

PS5 and next Xbox launch speculation - Post E3 2018 | ResetEra

It's so odd that they didn't plan BC for the PS5 originally. At this point, if the decision to include it was taken not so long ago, my guess is that only PS4 BC will be available at launch, I'm not even sure about enhancements. I also guess they will be including PS2 and PSX games with graphical ehancements later on, like the Xbox One X does with the older titles, but probably not at launch. Not so sure about PS3 or even PSP and Vita... they could with the rumored hardware, though.

Really, what would have been their reason to not include it? PS Now?

Edit: I'm realizing I'm talking like if BC was already confirmed for the PS5 when they could say "no" tomorrow.  
Thing is it's hard to show up big at conferences when every major remaining 1st party exlcuisve for the PS4 is already announce besides 1

And he said later that he doesn't consider VR major.

He's basically saying that Sony only has VR games, and one other major title left to announce.  

So this could be a new VR title or it could be the last major title he was talking about.

SWORDF1SH

LindaDutton

Well, Astro Bot is the latest game to have. Have you played this game? I did not play this game before as it required the playstation platform. I think it is quite hard to get it.

darkknightkryta

SWORDF1SH

No  :'(
So you're telling me there are 2 people obsessed with Legend of Dragoon? Not a chance. You're BraLod!

darkknightkryta

So you're telling me there are 2 people obsessed with Legend of Dragoon? Not a chance. You're BraLod!
I just like classic JRPGs.  I actually only finished it once, but I enjoyed what I played.