PSVR impressions, Moss and Astrobot Thread!

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 24, 2018, 05:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

So maybe I do need astro bot...

the-pi-guy

I'm gonna say this.

Astrobot is incredibly well polished, the best VR platformer ever, and a brilliant use of VR.
It is not just a platformer in VR.  
It is a deliberately an entangled with VR experience.  

the-pi-guy

Dec 29, 2018, 02:11 AM Last Edit: Dec 29, 2018, 02:16 AM by the-pi-guy
So let's talk about what makes Astrobot so good.  

VR:
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The game hides away secret pathways utilizing VR very well. &nbsp;You have to look underneath things, you have to lean in and look around at times in order to see pathways. &nbsp;<br>These things couldn&#39;t be done without VR, unless some major changes were made. &nbsp;<br><br>

Gameplay
Spoiler for General spoilering:
<br>Even in world 5, they are still mixing things up. &nbsp;<br><br>Everything is so unique. &nbsp;Every level is its own experience. &nbsp;And it&#39;s not just in the context of this game. &nbsp;A lot of levels incorporate things that have never been done before, because of how the controller and the player are part of the experience. &nbsp;<br><br>Every level is pretty unique. &nbsp;And every level is so brilliant and polished, that I feel like I would have played entire games just based off those levels. <br><br>Nothing is overdone. &nbsp;In fact I want more of pretty much everything. &nbsp;This game feels like it&#39;s a precursor to something bigger. &nbsp;<br>

Visually
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br>The game is lovely to look at. &nbsp;<br>There are so many unique environments. &nbsp;<br>

This game is such a joy.  

So maybe I do need astro bot...
It's amazing.  There have only been one or two VR experiences that I've wanted to keep coming back to like this.  

Try the demo!  

the-pi-guy

So I finished Astrobot.  

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Finished finished?
Still have to collect all the bots.  

But I've played through all the levels.

Xevross

Still have to collect all the bots.  

But I've played through all the levels.
Challenges?

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Narp.  :P

Then you definitely haven't finished finished!

Anyways... how was it? :D

the-pi-guy

Then you definitely haven't finished finished!

Anyways... how was it? :D
Definitely fantastic.

Was a lot of fun.
It was very different.

I'm sad the game isn't longer, but I'm sure I'll have good fun doing the challenges and finding everything yet. 

My only real complaint is that the controller tracking was sometimes problematic.  Think it's my set Up's fault. 

Xevross

Definitely fantastic.

Was a lot of fun.
It was very different.

I'm sad the game isn't longer, but I'm sure I'll have good fun doing the challenges and finding everything yet.  

My only real complaint is that the controller tracking was sometimes problematic.  Think it's my set Up's fault.  
Awesome.

Yep I'm playing it in my little room and the controller tracking is sometimes a bit off.

Legend

Definitely fantastic.

Was a lot of fun.
It was very different.

My only real complaint is that the controller tracking was sometimes problematic.  Think it's my set Up's fault.  

How long was it roughly?

DS4 tracking is iffy. It needs to be held at roughly the correct angle for the light to be picked up. Giving it a good shake helps to calibrate it though.

the-pi-guy

How long was it roughly?
I would say around 8-9 hours for just the story.

Dr. Pezus

Jan 01, 2019, 09:36 PM Last Edit: Jan 01, 2019, 09:39 PM by Dr. Pezus
Astrobot just gets better!

Probably gonna buy moss, firewall and maybe one more in the January psn sale

Like sprint vector

the-pi-guy

Astrobot just gets better!
Yeah, it legit gets better.  How far are you?
There's a few levels in the game though that hold a special place in my heart. 

Go Up