PSVR impressions, Moss and Astrobot Thread!

Started by the-pi-guy, Dec 24, 2018, 05:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Since quite a few of us are getting these two games, I figured it'd be fun to share!  

Xevross

Hype! This is a good place to talk about what to do first in PSVR! I really want to boot up Atro Bot but would it be better to start with VR worlds?

the-pi-guy

Hype! This is a good place to talk about what to do first in PSVR! I really want to boot up Atro Bot but would it be better to start with VR worlds?
VR world's won't take too long .
Maybe start with that and get a taste!  

Dr. Pezus

I want Astro so bad

the-pi-guy

Got to set it up.  

Was pretty easy, but there are a lot of wired.   5 wires for the breakout box and another for the camera.

Headset has a lot of adjustment options.  Feels very different from the Rift.  Visual quality isactually pretty close to the Rift.  

Legend

the-pi-guy

Screen is pretty good!  
I'd say it's about as good as the Rift.  
Definitely more comfortable.  

First impression of the tracking is it's good.  Doesn't seem quite as smooth as the Rift, but nothing to complain about.  

Played a level of Astrobot.  Pretty great!  

Dr. Pezus

Holy shame I actually got PSVR for christmas with PS Worlds and Astro bot

Xevross

Holy shame I actually got PSVR for christmas with PS Worlds and Astro bot
Who got you that?  :o

Dr. Pezus

Who got you that?  :o
my girlfriend lol. Was very surprised. She had noticed I was a bit hyped tho. We actually agreed to give small/cheaper presents this year but ended up gifting each other an LA trip+she got me this and I got her jewelry and a nice pillow as well lulz

Legend

Screen is pretty good!  
I'd say it's about as good as the Rift.  
Definitely more comfortable.  

First impression of the tracking is it's good.  Doesn't seem quite as smooth as the Rift, but nothing to complain about.  

Played a level of Astrobot.  Pretty great!  
PS VR is really well made. Do you have move controllers?

the-pi-guy

PS VR is really well made. Do you have move controllers?
No I don't :(
Probably have to get some.

Legend

No I don't :(
Probably have to get some.
Newer models have the same usb port as PS4 so just something to think about when finding them.

On that note, remember how Oculus launched with only the tv remote like controller? VR really started to shine once motion controllers became involved.

Dr. Pezus

Just played the bot mission in the free bot thingie game. Wow so much fun. Can only imagine how fun the real thing is (Astro Bot). Also, London heist was really cool imo

the-pi-guy

Dec 25, 2018, 01:36 AM Last Edit: Dec 25, 2018, 01:39 AM by the-pi-guy
Newer models have the same usb port as PS4 so just something to think about when finding them.
Not too concerned about that.  

I still have cords for everything.  :D

On that note, remember how Oculus launched with only the tv remote like controller? VR really started to shine once motion controllers became involved.
I actually just got the Oculus controllers this year.  
Really opened up the door for a lot of great games for me to get.  

Just played the bot mission in the free bot thingie game. Wow so much fun. Can only imagine how fun the real thing is (Astro Bot). Also, London heist was really cool imo
What do you think of VR?  

Go Up