E3 2018 countdown, get hype yo

Started by Legend, Mar 06, 2018, 04:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Bathesda +1: we know one thing coming from bathesda so far which is Rage 2. While I am not hyped a lot for it I do think it will add to their show. A double announcement of Starfield and Doom 5 would be amazing. A new sci-fi RPG from bathesda would cause a huge amount of hype.

Ubisoft +1: I'm extremely excited for beyond good and evil. And since last year's E3 I been wanting to see more and more of it. It's extremely ambitious and interesting. Skull and Bones will be there too and I want more of that as well. I hope they announce something unexpected too.

PC -1: their shows always suck. Simple as that

Square -1: I don't expect to see the avengers project at this E3. And if it did, don't expect it any time soon. These are the Devs who announced KH3 before the gen even fudgy started and it still didn't release. Ohh and another Tomb Raider... Eh... Yay?
New totals:
EA: -2
Ubisoft: 1
Xbox: -3
Bethesda: +2
Devolver: +1
Square Enix: -1
PC: -3
PlayStation: +2
Nintendo: +3

Xevross

I only get to plus two and minus two? I feel like as a small forum we should get more than two each... anyway.

Nintendo - definitely a +1 from me. They have a lot of games to show like Metroid, Pokemon and Smash. Fans always love it, and they always bring the fun. Its going to be great.

Ubisoft - another +1 mainly due to how good they were last year. Its always a fun conference to watch, and I'm excited to see what they have in store.

PC - I don't get why this is included, its basically necessary to give this -1. These shows are a snoozefest with not much interesting happening.

EA -1, this was between xbox and EA for me. I think EA just takes it due to their much more boring conference style. I hope xbox have some good things to show, but I think it'll be close between these two.

I wanted to give Devolver a +1 but I think it'll be too short to really merit it, plus it'll be hard topping last years.

Sony I am probably most interested in, but I know what they're bringing already so its not really going to be anything to be hyped or excited about. Just some good new gameplay.

New totals:
EA: -3
Ubisoft: + 2
PC: - 4
PlayStation: + 2
Nintendo: + 3

Legend

Bathesda +1: we know one thing coming from bathesda so far which is Rage 2. While I am not hyped a lot for it I do think it will add to their show. A double announcement of Starfield and Doom 5 would be amazing. A new sci-fi RPG from bathesda would cause a huge amount of hype.

Ubisoft +1: I'm extremely excited for beyond good and evil. And since last year's E3 I been wanting to see more and more of it. It's extremely ambitious and interesting. Skull and Bones will be there too and I want more of that as well. I hope they announce something unexpected too.

PC -1: their shows always suck. Simple as that

Square -1: I don't expect to see the avengers project at this E3. And if it did, don't expect it any time soon. These are the Devs who announced KH3 before the gen even fudgy started and it still didn't release. Ohh and another Tomb Raider... Eh... Yay?
Any reason you call them Bathasda, or is it just a mistake?

So hyped for Beyond Good and Evil 2 but I think it might be too early to have anything big shown.

BananaKing

Any reason you call them Bathasda, or is it just a mistake?

So hyped for Beyond Good and Evil 2 but I think it might be too early to have anything big shown.
Just a stupid typo.

Yeah  extremely hyped for it. They are taking their sweet time with the game and I am completely fine with that lol. I hope the game lives up to its hype

Legend

Just a stupid typo.

Yeah  extremely hyped for it. They are taking their sweet time with the game and I am completely fine with that lol. I hope the game lives up to its hype

Coolio. You've called them Bathesda a bunch as of late so I was starting to wonder if it had a deeper meaning.

I just hope they care about people without friends and don't make it too multiplayer focused.

BananaKing

Coolio. You've called them Bathesda a bunch as of late so I was starting to wonder if it had a deeper meaning.

I just hope they care about people without friends and don't make it too multiplayer focused.
Lol I need to pay more attention when typing their name then.

Yeah that's my biggest concern and fear. From what they are saying it seems it will be good playing it alone. But we can't really know at this stage.

And my other concern is they are biting off more than they can chew, they said everything is hand made and there is no procedural generation, which after no man's sky and what happened with Mass effect Andromeda, is a good thing IMO. But it makes me wonder how they are gonna a pull it off. They are limiting the number of world's, but still the area to generate and make is massive.

Legend

Lol I need to pay more attention when typing their name then.

Yeah that's my biggest concern and fear. From what they are saying it seems it will be good playing it alone. But we can't really know at this stage.

And my other concern is they are biting off more than they can chew, they said everything is hand made and there is no procedural generation, which after no man's sky and what happened with Mass effect Andromeda, is a good thing IMO. But it makes me wonder how they are gonna a pull it off. They are limiting the number of world's, but still the area to generate and make is massive.
I'm assuming they'll use "controlled" procedural generation. NMS and Minecraft do everything with procedural generation and must solely rely on their algorithms. With this game they can do a pass with procedural generation and then go in by hand to fix things up and make sure it's really good. Saves time but doesn't really compromise the quality of the game.

Mass Effect Andromeda didn't really use procedural generation. It suffered from good ol fashion asset reuse.

Dr. Pezus

I only get to plus two and minus two? I feel like as a small forum we should get more than two each... anyway.

Nintendo - definitely a +1 from me. They have a lot of games to show like Metroid, Pokemon and Smash. Fans always love it, and they always bring the fun. Its going to be great.

Ubisoft - another +1 mainly due to how good they were last year. Its always a fun conference to watch, and I'm excited to see what they have in store.

PC - I don't get why this is included, its basically necessary to give this -1. These shows are a snoozefest with not much interesting happening.

EA -1, this was between xbox and EA for me. I think EA just takes it due to their much more boring conference style. I hope xbox have some good things to show, but I think it'll be close between these two.

I wanted to give Devolver a +1 but I think it'll be too short to really merit it, plus it'll be hard topping last years.

Sony I am probably most interested in, but I know what they're bringing already so its not really going to be anything to be hyped or excited about. Just some good new gameplay.

New totals:
EA: -3
Ubisoft: + 2
PlayStation: + 2
Nintendo: + 3
Didn't add to Nintendo!

nnodley

May 21, 2018, 04:46 PM Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:58 PM by Legend
I'm assuming they'll use "controlled" procedural generation. NMS and Minecraft do everything with procedural generation and must solely rely on their algorithms. With this game they can do a pass with procedural generation and then go in by hand to fix things up and make sure it's really good. Saves time but doesn't really compromise the quality of the game.

Mass Effect Andromeda didn't really use procedural generation. It suffered from good ol fashion asset reuse.
Yeah a good example of procedural generation you are talking about is Horizon.  They used procedural generation to place plants etc. and then went in by hand to fixe and make things better.

+1 Sony:  TLOU Part 2, Death Stranding, and Ghost!! NUFF SAID!!
+1 Ubisoft: Their games usually excite me the most behind Playstation.
-1 MS: I haven't cared for their last couple conference and I'm not expecting anything mind-blowing this time either.  hope to be wrong.
-1 EA:  fudgy CRINGE CONFERENCES!

New totals

EA: -4
Ubisoft: + 3
Xbox: -4
PlayStation: + 3
Nintendo: + 4

Legend

Yeah a good example of procedural generation you are talking about is Horizon.  They used procedural generation to place plants etc. and then went in by hand to fixe and make things better.
Haha I'd imagine you'd have to go back a decade or two to find a game with forests that manually placed each tree.

nnodley

Haha I'd imagine you'd have to go back a decade or two to find a game with forests that manually placed each tree.
True, I think most people hear procedural generation and assume they might mean something like NMS.  But that's mostly the fault of those type of games pushing procedural generation a lot.

I do know Naughty Dog hand places most of their foliage.  I watched a video with Jacob Norris where he was talking about them having to hand place foliage.  Plus they build all their levels and shaders within maya and then export to their engine.

Xevross

Didn't add to Nintendo!
Oh yh, Nintendo should be +4.

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Why does MS always have perfect timing for Europe while Sony has abysmal timing??

Legend

Why does MS always have perfect timing for Europe while Sony has abysmal timing??
Because Sony knows you will stay up for them (and it's in America so they care about the local time more than anything else).

Go Up