PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DerNebel

Their marketing this gen has been absolutely spot on with a few exepexcept like GT Sport. Announcing early has worked for Uncharted, horizon, Spiderman and GoW. And will most likely continue to work for their other big games. I agree with you that it has been a success

However with development time increasing rapidly for Sony first part titles, it seems they are having trouble with shows late in the gen. And now it seems most of their studios are shifting their work to PS5. Or finishing up their current games

What does bother me a bit is that they aren't working with third parties a lot to show off stuff on their show. To me that's always been an important part of E3 and their show cases.

MS will most likely have a good E3, maybe Nintendo too, but it will be interesting to see what happens.
The thing is that, while yes development time or at least the human capital necessary to make AAA games is going to continue to increase into next gen, Sony has imo actually smartly taken their position of dominance this gen, to lay the foundation for quicker game development for their games going into next gen. They are putting the time and money, that they are afforded by their current situation, into creating great and popular first entries of game series, that can they can then more efficiently create sequels for in the coming generation.

Sequels to Horizon, God of War (not technically a new IP, but still a huge departure from the series to date), Days Gone, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima, maybe even Spider-Man (even though Insomniac are already an insanely effiecient studio, if you think about it) or Death Stranding should be a lot easier and quicker to make as the basics for these franchises are established at that point. I mean we already have comments by Hermen Hulst stating that GG wants to be able to release a game every 2-3 years going forward or by Polyphony Digital that their models are being created with the future in mind.

It might seem counter intuitive, but my personaly theory, and this might be completely disproven by Sony next gen, is that in terms of first party this generation has been one of putting in the hard work, to then "reap the results" in the next gen. A generation of properly putting their first party on the gaming map so to speak (outside of Japan Studios unfortunately).

As such I'm personally expecting a lot less in terms of new IP next gen from Sony. Probably something from ND, maybe SSM will get another shot, Japan Studios, QD if they decide to continue working with them, apparently Bend might be working on one but I kinda doubt that's going to come to fruition (or it'll be something smaller), but other than that I expect a lot of sequels to successful PS4 exclusives on PS5.

BananaKing

PSX 2019 hosted on the 3rd of December 25 years after the PS1 launched. Good chance PS5 gets announced there with 2020 release.

Could they just announce the console and say full reveal march 2020 for example? And then launch it September or October later in the year?
No way. PS5 announcement then would kill PS4 sales for the Christmas period. They should go with a Feb announcement like last time and announce Horizon 2 and maybe a third party game like Bloodborne 2 (gosh Sony need to get this one done)

DerNebel

No way. PS5 announcement then would kill PS4 sales for the Christmas period. They should go with a Feb announcement like last time and announce Horizon 2 and maybe a third party game like Bloodborne 2 (gosh Sony need to get this one done)
Sales are going to die down at some point, also there's probably not too much overlap between the people buying a PS4 in year 6 and the people buying a PS5 in year 1.

Legend

2019 ps5 isn't happening at least. Thank gosh.

Legend

PlayStation Plus $39.99 / PlayStation Now $79.99 (1-year subs) | ResetEra

I always renew my PS+ sub on Black Friday for $40.
 I normally have to wait for that friday but not this time. The offer is already live.

Also, PlayStation Now is discounting its 1-year subscriptions.
 That is like $6.70 per month. Not a bad deal for those interested.

I wasn't sure if it was worth making a thread for only 2 discounts so I'll let the mods decide.
 I know there is a thread for all the PSN Black Friday discounts, I just thought it was important to let people know specifically about these 2 offers.

Here are the respective links:

(US)

PS+
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90005_01-1YEARPACKAGE0000
 PSNOW
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB12MO0000

(EU)

PS+ (£39.99) (€47.99)
https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUB12M20S0
 PS NOW (£59.99)
https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=IP9102-NPIA90011_01-PSNOWSUBS0000365

I don't think the blog post (US) specifically mentioned these 2 offers, but the Black Friday Sale ends on Nov 27 at 8pm Pacific.

For those who want a PS NOW digital code to gift or save for later, Amazon is having the same promotion:

(Amazon US)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019CYYSFC/ef=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

(No PS+ promotion on Amazon right now)  
I should buy this.

Xevross

I'm getting a PSVR for christmas! Starter pack with Astro Bot and Doom VFR for £179, pretty awesome deal. I don't really care about doom but it was free to add, so fudge it.

Dr. Pezus

I'm getting a PSVR for christmas! Starter pack with Astro Bot and Doom VFR for £179, pretty awesome deal. I don't really care about doom but it was free to add, so fudge it.
Doom is great tho

Xevross

Legend

The-Pi-guy is going to be so happy. More VR people!

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

Nov 16, 2018, 07:52 PM Last Edit: Nov 16, 2018, 07:57 PM by the-pi-guy
My brother will probably end up with a PSVR.  

The-Pi-guy is going to be so happy. More VR people!
There are few game related things I love more than VR but also I love hearing people get wowed!  

Xevross

What then
Its a new separate game made just for VR, and its apparently pretty average.

Kerotan

Well ps4 should be permanently $200 by the time they announce the ps5 so it can see separately. The pro should be $299. The ps5 $399. It's worth keeping ps4 alive for a few years after because not only with it sell in developing countries in South Americaz Africa, Europe and Asia including India and China but it requires ps plus for online unlike ps3. And it supports ps now. Not to mention many games for 2 years at least will be cross gen. It absolutely makes sense to have ps4 and 5 side by side.

I bought wolfenstein 2 complete edition $20 and I'll get Dishonored 2 + dishonoured death of an outsider for €20.

Waiting for spiderman complete edition sale on the USA store. Currently only on sale in the EU. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Dr. Pezus

Nov 17, 2018, 11:39 PM Last Edit: Nov 17, 2018, 11:56 PM by Dr. Pezus
So GoW is going for 21.99 in the US store...

Astro Bot is 42% off too, in the EU store tho

BananaKing

So GoW is going for 19.99 in the US store...

Astro Bot is 42% off too
Shiiiiiiiiit. GoW is SO tempting at that price... Makes me want to get it even though I want it physically

Go Up