Abandoned announced for PS5

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 07, 2021, 07:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

SWORDF1SH

SWORDF1SH

Jun 19, 2021, 11:23 AM Last Edit: Jun 19, 2021, 02:29 PM by SWORDF1SH
I'm starting to think that legend is part of all this and is trying to make people believe this had nothing to do with Kojima. How much is Kojima paying you, legend?

Legend

I'm starting to think that legend is part of all this and is trying to make people believe this had nothing to do with Kojima. How much is Kojima paying you, legend?
I have only met Kojima once. We were both down in Cuba on vacation back in 75.

Or maybe I'm under NDA...

the-pi-guy

Jun 19, 2021, 10:25 PM Last Edit: Jun 19, 2021, 10:27 PM by the-pi-guy
Is it difficult to get a PS Blog post? 

I'm going to say not really.

BananaKing

No offense to legend or anything. But he got one if I remember and a tweet from yoshida and legend was doing a new game, from a new studio with just 1 dev (himself). I think this was back in 2014 with the original reveal of vizioneck

Legend

It's difficult to become a registered PlayStation developer. Once in, a lot of things are relatively straight forward.

I'll be doing a blog post again once I'm ready with Hapax.

No offense to legend or anything. But he got one if I remember and a tweet from yoshida and legend was doing a new game, from a new studio with just 1 dev (himself). I think this was back in 2014 with the original reveal of vizioneck
Yoshida followed me so I think he was personally interested. Sorry for letting him down  :'(

the-pi-guy

I remembered between my post and my edit that there was a VizionEck post.

( but some people are using the blog post as evidence of something more)

The apparent app on Tuesday is kind of weird.

BananaKing

I feel its just a studio thats a scam. Ahd the suspicious circumstances of that studio make it sound like its a kojima game.

the-pi-guy

I think it's a combination of:
- being the sort of thing that Kojima would do. PT was intended to look like an indie game Pretending to be an indie developer
- some funny coincidences like the timeline, the name, similar genre
- terrible timing: silent hill being heavily rumored for a while, and the Konami shop literally has been teasing new Silent Hill merchandise over the past few days.
- there also seems to be a few people that are egging it on ( a couple of weird YouTube channels that seem to be hinting towards the game).  

The end result is either you have the most convoluted ARG ever, or you have what feels like an unexplainable number of coincidences.  

The one issue is a lot of the coincidences are pretty easy to explain, particularly by the developer being inspired by Kojima.  
The other issue is that for an ARG to be so convoluted and taking 6 years of planning, it feels almost idiotic.  It would simultaneously feel incredibly well planned and horribly planned.  

the-pi-guy

Team Real seems to be dying down.  Which is good.
I think a few days ago, the Era poll was like 45/42 with the rest undecided, with Fake barely leading.  Now it's sitting at 53/34.8, with Real dropping.

Maybe the dev won't be affected too much, when reality sets in.

Xevross

The dev going quiet and letting this die down is probably the best thing to do here.

SWORDF1SH

Abandoned-trailerapp lanceert dinsdag op PS5, aankondiging via Keighley volgt | Nieuws | Gamer.nl

Dev is trying to get people to understand he's not Kojima but no one cares.

Will get more info on 22.
Did we get more info?

Legend

Did we get more info?
Was delayed, but at this point every new detail has confirmed it's a real indie game.

darkknightkryta

Poor guy, his game is going to get reemed for not being Kojima.

SWORDF1SH

Poor guy, his game is going to get reemed for not being Kojima.
I actual think this is amazing publicity.  Yeah there will be a lot flack, some people are really upset ;D , but a lot more people are now aware of this game.

Go Up