Cyberpunk 2077: bet on the metacritic

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 13, 2020, 10:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Oct 13, 2020, 10:22 PM Last Edit: Dec 07, 2020, 05:12 PM by the-pi-guy
Cyberpunk 2077

Same rules as the GOW thread. Give a high, medium, and low prediction.

IE you expect it to get a 95 so you set that as your middle. Then you set 97 as your high because you don't think the game has a good chance of scoring above that. Then you set 88 as your low because you don't expect the game to score lower than that.

RESULTS WILL NOW BE SCORED SO THAT AN OVERALL WINNER CAN BE DETERMINED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. IF YOU HAVE THE CLOSEST PREDICTION, YOU EARN POINTS: SCORE +=100-(high prediction-low prediction)*2. IF THE FINAL MC FALLS OUTSIDE YOUR HIGH AND LOW PREDICTIONS, YOU LOSE POINTS: SCORE -=50.

Review embargo ends when the countdown ends. Feel free to post predictions and edit them up till that time.

100:
99:

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Oct 13, 2020, 10:33 PM Last Edit: Dec 06, 2020, 11:35 PM by Xevross

nnodley

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Bold of you to assume this hype train can end up in the 70s, even if the game sucks.

Xevross

87Bold of you to assume this hype train can end up in the 70s, even if the game sucks.
Yeah I agree that even if the game is as below expectations as it can feasibly be, 87 is the floor for its score.

Dr. Pezus

There's no way this is a sub 90 game

If you've seen any of the content

kitler53

87Bold of you to assume this hype train can end up in the 70s, even if the game sucks.
i dunno.  i haven't kept up with the game all that much but it seems to me that every pre-view i've seen has been so-so at best.  lots of people claiming it is too this or too that.   to a certain extent i think being the game after the witcher 3 could work against it.   expectations are sky high and I agree that most are going to want this to be an amazing game.   but at the same time if the game ends up so-so i can see reviewers punishing it more than your typical so-so game for not living up to the hype.  

i still think it will score high more likely than not.  but i really think there is a chance that it gets unfairly trashed too.  hype is  a dastardly beast.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

i dunno.  i haven't kept up with the game all that much but it seems to me that every pre-view i've seen has been so-so at best.  lots of people claiming it is too this or too that.   to a certain extent i think being the game after the witcher 3 could work against it.   expectations are sky high and I agree that most are going to want this to be an amazing game.   but at the same time if the game ends up so-so i can see reviewers punishing it more than your typical so-so game for not living up to the hype.  

i still think it will score high more likely than not.  but i really think there is a chance that it gets unfairly trashed too.  hype is  a dastardly beast.
I've seen almost nothing negative about it

Legend

There's no way this is a sub 90 game

If you've seen any of the content
Could get docked for a lot of reasons. Gameplay doesn't look great, writing could be really poor with all the edge, and there are fears about how it handles social issues.

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Could get docked for a lot of reasons. Gameplay doesn't look great, writing could be really poor with all the edge, and there are fears about how it handles social issues.
So similar to Witcher 3

Xevross

Reviews supposedly starting to trickle out tomorrow. They didn't give out many review keys though.

Xevross

Dec 07, 2020, 05:11 PM Last Edit: Dec 07, 2020, 05:27 PM by Xevross
89 from 27 reviews on opencritic

Edit: 90 from 31

Edit 2: 91 from 36

Go Up