previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

89 from 27 reviews on opencritic

Edit: 90 from 31

Edit 2: 91 from 36
Huh.

Interesting trend.

More reviews than I would have expected considering that recent news...

Dr. Pezus

89 from 27 reviews on opencritic

Edit: 90 from 31

Edit 2: 91 from 36
It's increasing!

Legend

I know I predicted 92, but that initial 89 is low and not what I was expecting.

I'm on blackout. What is holding reviewers back from giving it a 10?

Dr. Pezus

Bugs seem to be holding it back.

Wow, just 7 from Ganespot

Xevross

Huh.

Interesting trend.

More reviews than I would have expected considering that recent news...
Well before that 89 it was at 92 then fell so it's wobbling around really.
I know I predicted 92, but that initial 89 is low and not what I was expecting.

I'm on blackout. What is holding reviewers back from giving it a 10?
Extremely buggy and unfinished, also lower reviews just not liking the game so much.

Dr. Pezus

Well before that 89 it was at 92 then fell so it's wobbling around really.Extremely buggy and unfinished, also lower reviews just not liking the game so much.
Weird that it's still buggy despite multiple delays

Legend

The recent delays have probably been caused by major bugs. Minor polish can happen in a patch.

I won't be playing the game till the 21st at the earliest so maybe some things will be improved by then.
Well before that 89 it was at 92 then fell so it's wobbling around really.Extremely buggy and unfinished, also lower reviews just not liking the game so much.
Unfinished ala MGSV or just needed more time in the oven?

Xevross

The recent delays have probably been caused by major bugs. Minor polish can happen in a patch.

I won't be playing the game till the 21st at the earliest so maybe some things will be improved by then.
Unfinished ala MGSV or just needed more time in the oven?
Needed more time in the oven, sounds like its a full on Bethesda experience right now.

As Legend says, without the delays it'd be even worse. The day 1 patch should fix a fair bit but sounds like it can only scratch the surface really.

Legend

Xevross

Dec 09, 2020, 12:58 PM Last Edit: Dec 09, 2020, 01:00 PM by Xevross
Streaming of the game is now allowed. And straight away its absolutely gigantic on twitch, almost 900k viewers right now. I don't think I've ever seen a SP game more than 500k before.

darkknightkryta

Streaming of the game is now allowed. And straight away its absolutely gigantic on twitch, almost 900k viewers right now. I don't think I've ever seen a SP game more than 500k before.
Yeah, 900k is massive.  

Xevross

Yeah, 900k is massive.  
Now 1.1million. This is just crazy, can't wait to see sales figures for this game.

Dr. Pezus

Now 1.1million. This is just crazy, can't wait to see sales figures for this game.
I see gta figures incoming

Xevross

Dec 10, 2020, 11:34 AM Last Edit: Dec 10, 2020, 11:36 AM by Xevross
So I played a couple of hours. So here's some quick impressions.

Game doesn't look amazing on PS5 despite the boost to 60fps. TLOU2 looks and runs a lot better on base ps4. It's clearly meant to be a graphical showcase but until that native next gen version it isn't on console, it runs too badly and/ or is just lacking a bit. Needed much more time in the oven for this to come out fully polished, possibly a full year delay would have been needed.

The game is very buggy, I haven't played Bethesda RPGs at launch so this is possibly the buggiest game I've experienced. None of it has broken the game yet, it's just constant jankyness.

The much talked-up character creator is a big letdown. Demon's Soul's character creator is a magnitude better than this game.

Car physics and handling is not nice at all.

The game doesn't explain things to you particularly well, there's a lot of different info and it's overwhelming at first. Also the lifepath intro only being different for 15 mins of the game is kinda crazy. Why did they make such a big deal out of it if that's all it is? The start of the story is weird, basically there's a timeskip montage 15 mins in and V suddenly knows lots of characters and are experienced in the world already, but you don't know any of them and are still new. It creates a weird disconnect and I'd like to have actually seen the development go on there, but it's no Biggie.

That's basically it for negatives, the writing has been superb so far, the world building is amazing, I just want to stop and look at every detail in Night City. The first few hours eases you in with a fairly linear path, which I like. The core gameplay and gunplay feels great and the game is well paced so far. The story so far is interesting.

I feel much more engaged than TW3 immediately and I really want to keep playing, which is great for me. Obviously I think there's some problems but if I love the rest of the game then those things I listed would be pretty insubstantial by the end, as long as the bugs stay minor.

Xevross

Dec 10, 2020, 11:45 AM Last Edit: Dec 10, 2020, 12:28 PM by Xevross
From what I'm reading it seems like the game is a miserable experience on base ps4/ xb1 right now. I'd imagine that would make up a majority of users too. This game definitely should have been delayed again. idk how they thought they could get this out in April initially when it's still bad now.

Edit: guess the majority of sales aren't on console

And here's some DF input:

Go Up