PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Sep 29, 2018, 05:54 PM Last Edit: Sep 29, 2018, 05:58 PM by Xevross
I'm agreeing with Der Nebel here, I think there's about a 0.1% of 2021 right now. Sony hasn't announced anything new in a while, and PSX being cancelled tells me we know about all of their PS4 exclusive games now, and anything new to be announced will be PS5.

MS already announced their next gen console under a code name, I'd say its an impossibility that they're waiting until 2021.

Right now I'm hoping for late 2020 but I think that's slipping away, and I've gone from thinking 2020 is by far the most likely to thinking its 50/50 on 2019/2020 now. If I had to guess I'd say spring 2020 is looking likely too, Sony saw Switch launch very well from there and its looking like it'll make the most sense in terms of WWS releases as well.

Days Gone, Dreams, Ghost, TLOU for next year then Death Stranding early 2020 would be a fantastic bow for PS4, but if it has to stretch to late 2020 or later it starts to look a bit weaker.

the-pi-guy

Right now I'm hoping for late 2020 but I think that's slipping away, and I've gone from thinking 2020 is by far the most likely to thinking its 50/50 on 2019/2020 now. If I had to guess I'd say spring 2020 is looking likely too, Sony saw Switch launch very well from there and its looking like it'll make the most sense in terms of WWS releases as well.
This is where I am .

Kerotan

Remember when people thought it would come in 2018 but at the very latest 2019? I'm glad we've passed that to the point of maybe holiday 2019 but probably not. For me the longer the better. I'll accept spring 2020 but I'd prefer holiday 2020 or better yet 2021.

DerNebel

Remember when people thought it would come in 2018 but at the very latest 2019? I'm glad we've passed that to the point of maybe holiday 2019 but probably not. For me the longer the better. I'll accept spring 2020 but I'd prefer holiday 2020 or better yet 2021.
I legitimately don't

the-pi-guy

Here on this forum, there was literally 1 person who predicted 2018.
Which will release first: ps5 or xbox 4?

That was over a year and a half ago.  

Legend

Here on this forum, there was literally 1 person who predicted 2018.
Which will release first: ps5 or xbox 4?

That was over a year and a half ago.  

1/8=13% We need a much larger sample size haha.

I think it was a somewhat popular opinion on other forums.

the-pi-guy

1/8=13% We need a much larger sample size haha.

I think it was a somewhat popular opinion on other forums.
true
but even here:
PS5 and next Xbox launch speculation - timing and specification | Page 4 | ResetEra

I want them to get the hardware design a bit better, and their OS end in terms of security stuff. I hear about Pro consoles being loud as dog and aesthetically I think they rushed that thing out too dang quick, it doesn't look like they were ready to get it out the door. It's worth mentioning that the PS4 is getting picked apart more than ever and I'm really worried about PSN at a point if the system keeps being vulnerable. If they plan BC this becomes another issue, and my guess for the Xbox One not having the issues in that regard are just down to no interest for hacking - you can't sell mods to people when half the people have the other console.

Basically I think the PS4 itself could be fixed on many levels, that going into software and hardware so I'm not sure a PS5 is the answer in just two years.  
[/size]
The first few pages are mostly 2019/2020 and some 2021

Legend

true
but even here:
PS5 and next Xbox launch speculation - timing and specification | Page 4 | ResetEra

The first few pages are mostly 2019/2020 and some 2021
I was thinking really far back like before Pro.

Kerotan

I was thinking really far back like before Pro.
That's what i meant. Back in like 2015 and 2016 people were shite-ing on about 2018 release and 2019 by the latest. I was like fudge off 2018 is way too early.

Legend

That's what i meant. Back in like 2015 and 2016 people were shite-ing on about 2018 release and 2019 by the latest. I was like fudge off 2018 is way too early.
Remember back at the start of the gen when all the talk was about how last gen was way too long and shorter gens were better? I didn't really have an opinion back then but PS3 to PS4's release was 2006-2013. Now most of us are hoping PS4 lasts just as long haha.

Dr. Pezus

Some really cool games there!

Kerotan

Remember back at the start of the gen when all the talk was about how last gen was way too long and shorter gens were better? I didn't really have an opinion back then but PS3 to PS4's release was 2006-2013. Now most of us are hoping PS4 lasts just as long haha.
Exactly. I was one of the new back then saying absolutely no need for a new gen before 2020 back then. I was very vocal. And I'd presume dernobel wasn't looking for such a long gen either. I'm just glad they went the route of a pro model to eliminate the need to shorter the gen. Hopefully ps6 releases in 2028.

Dr. Pezus

Could astrobot vr actually be a sleeper?

Called it

Kerotan

With Microsoft going hard buying a few developers lately and the rumours of them buying Obsidian should Sony do likewise? They have no shortage of cash atm with Playstation bringing in so much revenue.

So should they buy and who?

Legend

With Microsoft going hard buying a few developers lately and the rumours of them buying Obsidian should Sony do likewise? They have no shortage of cash atm with Playstation bringing in so much revenue.

So should they buy and who?
Sony should expand Worldwide studios but it won't help if they just close their existing studios. Closing Cambridge still hurts.

Quantic Dream, Insomniac, Supermassive, and Kojima's Death Stranding Studio (if it's not already) are obvious options but buying them wouldn't really change anything. Sony needs studios that have talent but have been held back by other factors. Buy Bioware and try to right that ship or something crazy like that.

Go Up