The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Got my USB 3.0 card intoday. And Ran the test again, I still get a yellow warning system basically saying some of my ports would not work. I'd assume it's talking about the old ones. Now Just to do something about the processor.... Maybe...

Will Someone post on gaf asking if anyone with an amd processor passed the oculus test and if so which one?

the-pi-guy

Got my USB 3.0 card intoday. And Ran the test again, I still get a yellow warning system basically saying some of my ports would not work. I'd assume it's talking about the old ones. Now Just to do something about the processor.... Maybe...

Will Someone post on gaf asking if anyone with an amd processor passed the oculus test and if so which one?
Dude, stop worrying about your CPU.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Dude, stop worrying about your CPU.  
I'm freaking out over here...

To tell you the truth it would be some much better just to wait on PSVR and have whatever that offers. The biggest fear I have is when I finally get it and then have to fudge around with my pc for 3 days to get it somewhat good.

the-pi-guy

I'm freaking out over here...

To tell you the truth it would be some much better just to wait on PSVR and have whatever that offers. The biggest fear I have is when I finally get it and then have to fudge around with my pc for 3 days to get it somewhat good.
Well stop it.  Bad Tacos!  
Read what I said earlier.  

My expectation is that, there might be a few games that you can't run, but most of them would be no problem.  

I can understand the recommendation.  
Applications tend to be single threaded, and for VR applications, you'll want to be running pretty high frame rates.  ~90+.
Not all games would need that kind of CPU to run at that frame rate, but I'm sure there are some that would.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Jan 12, 2016, 01:33 AM Last Edit: Jan 12, 2016, 01:52 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Well stop it.  Bad Tacos!  
Read what I said earlier.  

there might be a few games that you can't run

might be a few games that you can't run

few games that you can't run

games that you can't run

you can't run

I'm not worthy!

This is unacceptable.

the-pi-guy

there might be a few games that you can't run

might be a few games that you can't run

few games that you can't run

games that you can't run

you can't run

I'm not worthy!

This is unacceptable.
Did you get a tiny fairy to type this for you? 

It's your fault for going AMD.  (There are none that are recommended by Oculus.) 
Single Threaded performance for the win! 

You'll be fine. It's just a recommendation. 
As long as the games you have run good, so will VR games. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Did you get a tiny fairy to type this for you?  

It's your fault for going AMD.  (There are none that are recommended by Oculus.)  
Single Threaded performance for the win!  

You'll be fine. It's just a recommendation.  
As long as the games you have run good, so will VR games.  

I just copied and pasted your text. Are you a tiny fairy?

the-pi-guy

I just copied and pasted your text. Are you a tiny fairy?
Yes, with a wisdom beyond my size.  

Legend

Posting this to watch later.
So it seems like a lot of over designing is at fault for the large cost. I'm at 26 minutes and they're talking about creating their own fabric because existing ones weren't perfect. Plastic on the outside would have been so much cheaper.

Mmm_fish_tacos

So it seems like a lot of over designing is at fault for the large cost. I'm at 26 minutes and they're talking about creating their own fabric because existing ones weren't perfect. Plastic on the outside would have been so much cheaper.
Yeah, they wanted to be apple of VR. Which I think they messed up a bit there. They could have made something that was 450 and been just as good or about as good. When you think about it, it's only got a 20 percent better resolution than the PSVR. While we don't know the price of PSVR I'd expect it to come in a few hundred dollars less than the rift. They didn't need all the fancy materials everywhere. Only where it's against your face. IPD is important so i'm glad they added that but there is a lot of needless over design.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well I ran elite unlocked and side by side 3d on ultra at 120fps. I should be okay for vr. That's really as close as I could get to vr setting without the headset.

Legend

Well I ran elite unlocked and side by side 3d on ultra at 120fps. I should be okay for vr. That's really as close as I could get to vr setting without the headset.
I really hope you're fine, cause I don't want to have to upgrade my single card!

the-pi-guy

I really hope you're fine, cause I don't want to have to upgrade my single card!
Nah you're fine.  
He's just a little worried about his AMD.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well you have a better cpu than I do. I'm just making up for it in gpu horse power. I hope nvidias vr sli drivers are ready for launch and they do what they say they will. If so then Ill really have nothing to worry about.

Nah you're fine.  
He's just a little worried about his AMD.  
You make it sound like vd. Oh my god, hes got amd, I fell sorry for the guy.

the-pi-guy

You make it sound like vd. Oh my god, hes got amd, I fell sorry for the guy.
lol

The recommended specs are (from memory, here I go):
intel i5-4590
8 GB Ram
GTX 970
Then there's a few other things like HDMI, USB ports.  

Your PC (from recent memory)
intel i7-4790k (k?)
8 GB RAM
GTX 970

So yeah, you're fine.  

Tacos
AMD 8320E
8 GB RAM (?)
2 * GTX 970

Tacos, will be good too.  Even though no AMD is recommended for Oculus.  As long as he's able to run his games at a good frame rate, he'll be great.  

Go Up