PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Has naughty dog made a ps5 game yet? Sony needs to have a hard look at them imo. Look at insomniac
They made a remake.

Dr. Pezus

kitler53

They made a remake.
they finished a remake that bend had started.  :P

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

they finished a remake that bend had started.  :P
It was started by VASG, not Bend. :P

Bend was helping with the Multiplayer game, and they were starting an Uncharted game. Both have been cancelled.

kitler53

It was started by VASG, not Bend. :P

Bend was helping with the Multiplayer game, and they were starting an Uncharted game. Both have been cancelled.
am i misunderstanding this?
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-last-of-us-remake-reportedly-in-development-and-days-gone-2-pitch-rejected

just the first link i could find but the gist as i remember it:
- day gone 2 was rejected
- some people at bend started working on TLoU remake to keep busy
- the remake was taken away from them and given to ND instead

that's at least how i remember it.  most of my awareness was tweets from jason schreier i think.

the-pi-guy

am i misunderstanding this?
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-last-of-us-remake-reportedly-in-development-and-days-gone-2-pitch-rejected

just the first link i could find but the gist as i remember it:
- day gone 2 was rejected
- some people at bend started working on TLoU remake to keep busy
- the remake was taken away from them and given to ND instead

that's at least how i remember it.  most of my awareness was tweets from jason schreier i think.
You're conflating two different teams.  

As part of the same report, Bloomberg also says that Sony Bend pitched a sequel to Days Gone after the game's release in 2019, but was rejected. Sony then apparently moved Bend developers onto two Naughty Dog projects - a multiplayer game (presumably the standalone Last of Us multiplayer game) and a new Uncharted project (which has also been rumoured recently).
In a new Bloomberg report into dissatisfaction among Sony's lesser-known studios, sources say that a Last of Us remake codenamed T1X was started by Michael Mumbauer, the founder of Visual Arts Service Group (a Sony developer that traditionally assists development on PlayStation Studios' games).
From your article

the-pi-guy

Gotham Knights | PS5
Disco Elysium - The Final Cut | PS4, PS5
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes | PS4, PS5
Alien: Isolation | PS4
Dead Island Definitive Edition | PS4
Outlast 2 | PS4
Elite Dangerous | PS4
FAR: Changing Tides | PS4, PS5
Gungrave G.O.R.E.
Eldest Souls | PS4, PS5
Röki | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Tekken 6 | PS4, PS5
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny | PS4, PS5
Ape Escape Academy | PS4, PS5
IQ Final | PS4, PS5
PS+ Extra and Premium ^

the-pi-guy

CNBC

But, he added, attempts to build out Sony's growing catalogue of first-party games further may not always mean acquisitions, stressing its interest in partnerships.

"We have a number of ways of looking at this," Lempel said, adding that "in terms of great content, that's where we're focused."

"We've done more M&A [mergers and acquisitions] in the past decade than we've ever done," he said. "We're always looking to work with new partners, whether that's somebody as an external provider … or working with a developer along with the way and then acquiring them later."
Sony had set itself a target of 25 million PS5 units shipped throughout 2023. That would make it the best year for any PlayStation machine in history.

Lempel said the company was on track to meet that target this year and expects "record-breaking sales," thanks to the rebalancing of supply and demand and demand for titles like the newly released Marvel's Spider-Man 2, which is exclusive to PS5.
Eric Lempel.  

On track for record setting PlayStation sales.

I wonder if this means they're not intending to do a lot more M&A.  

the-pi-guy

Big games this year for me:
Ghost of Tsushima
Batman Arkham Asylum
Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Forbidden West
Final Fantasy XVI
Skryim

Dr. Pezus

Big games this year for me:
Ghost of Tsushima
Batman Arkham Asylum
Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Forbidden West
Final Fantasy XVI
Skryim

For me Spidey 2, Rocket League, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Miles Morales and Star Wars Fallen Order

kitler53

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/12/13/playstation-plus-game-catalog-for-december-grand-theft-auto-v-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-metal-hellsinger-and-more/

after like 100 billion units sold it's hard to believe that there is anyone out there that hasn't already played GTA 5.

...that said I have not.

Dr. Pezus

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/12/13/playstation-plus-game-catalog-for-december-grand-theft-auto-v-stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-metal-hellsinger-and-more/

after like 100 billion units sold it's hard to believe that there is anyone out there that hasn't already played GTA 5.

...that said I have not.
I did...on ps3. I'll gladly take the ps5 version

Go Up