Ever seen a ghost?

Started by Legend, Jun 30, 2019, 07:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Yes of course! Most people have! My favourite was the recent BBC show called "Ghosts", 'twas a great comedy.

Dr. Pezus

Í for sure have! In movies, games and TV shows. They're real, alright!

Legend

My dad has seen a fair amount.

I saw a figure down at the end of our hall one night. I was tired and it was obviously just my brain seeing things, but I really saw that one. Was a woman looking back at me. Wasn't scary since it felt like when your brain fills in the details when things are dark, but it was a super extreme case of that. I walked down the hall to check if it was just me seeing someone else and changing the details but nope.

Not a ghost but I'll count it! Spent a good few moments thinking about how funky it was at the time. I get how other people would have something like that and assume it was a ghost.

My sister hears voices but I don't know if she views them as ghost voices.

My mom's friend had a house that was super haunted and the ghosts would harm her and do things. As a kid it was spooky hearing those stories.

the-pi-guy

Wasn't scary since it felt like when your brain fills in the details when things are dark,
Eh, that's pretty scary for me.  

I was probably ~14 or so.  I had an awful night, where I was not able to sleep very much. (Well I might be combining a few different nights.)  

But my brain filled in, that these two guys were walking back and forth.  Basically giving each other a high five.  
The weird thing is, I was sweating, but it didn't smell like sweat at all.  My active imagination was thinking that there was a man in my room pouring gasoline on me.  

It might have been a different night, but my brain filled in lots of other stuff.  Like a green witch was sitting next to my bed.  Ended up being my stuffed animal moose.  

Xevross

Jul 01, 2019, 01:10 PM Last Edit: Jul 01, 2019, 01:11 PM by Xevross
I'm glad my brain doesn't play these tricks on me :P

My mum does have a story like this though. She was out visiting an old manor house with her Mum and Sister (classic UK thing) and they went to the toilets (classic woman thing ;D ). Both my grandma and aunt saw a woman go to into the WC infront of them and then round the corner. One of the two stalls was closed but not locked so they presumed she went in there (they didn't mention it though).

Grandma went in the other stall and Mum was about to go in the unlocked one when her Sister told her a woman just went in there. Grandma finishes and comes out, Aunt goes in and then my Mum thinks this other woman is taking a long time so they check and nobody is in there. My grandma says that's weird because she definitely saw someone go in, my Aunt comes out and agrees with her that a woman went in there. They both said this woman was wearing the same clothes and they're both still adamant they saw this woman head into the toilets in front of them.

That's the big unexplained ghost story in my family I guess. My theory is that since that manor house has some ghost stories they have a classic trick they play on some guests and there was a secret door or something, that would be cool.