PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I guess Naughty Dog like to do more of the game in house.

the-pi-guy

BananaKing

It will also feature day/night cycle, rain, and combat.

Dr. Pezus

Revolutionary

Legend

Next you'll tell me it reacts to user input in real time.

the-pi-guy

Next you'll tell me it reacts to user input in real time.
Pffft, I don't think that's even possible.  It takes seconds to get the input, several more to render the scene, and several more to put it back on the screen.  

BananaKing

Pffft, I don't think that's even possible.  It takes seconds to get the input, several more to render the scene, and several more to put it back on the screen.  
Render? What you mean? It took the equivalent of 15 years to render avatar. And that's a movie that came out in 2009. Currently graphics take a lot more to render. Decade's

Horizon

Let's get some predictions out here! Within the first year I think these will all be announced:

Wushu existing IP game (explains why Shinobi won't divulge anything on Sony), Bluepoint game/Demon Souls remake, Ratchet and Clank, Silent Hill, Housemarque new I.P and Horizon Zero Dawn 2.

BananaKing

Horizon 2
Gran turismo
Bluepoints remake
And japan studio game

the-pi-guy

*shocking* Naughty Dog is hiring for their next project, "narrative-driven content", "next-generation graphics analysis" and "Single Player" | ResetEra

Though Naughty Dog is taking a bit of a break after the release of The Last of Us Part II, the studio still aims to bring in new hires in the near future. Specifically, the company is recruiting for a Level/Environment Designer, Melee/Gameplay Animator, a Tools Programmer, and quite a few other positions. Most are for the development of "narrative-driven content" and "next-generation graphics analysis."

GamesRadar spotted the listings on the 'Careers' page of Naughty Dog's official website. The heading for the Level/Environment Designer specifically makes mention of "Single Player." A Melee/Gameplay Animator posting notes Naughty Dog wants animators capable of aiding in the creation of "compelling gameplay for our future project(s)." Whomever fills the Tools Programmer vacancy will work with the ICE Team, one of PlayStation Studios' "central technology groups."  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/size]

Legend

the-pi-guy

Xevross

That's amazing. Their new studio looks sweet.

kitler53

well shame.  now horizon 2 is guaranteed to be late since all of the developers will be ballz deep in the red light district.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

That's amazing. Their new studio looks sweet.
It's not along a canal anymore though  :P

Go Up