PlayStation Studios Development

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 27, 2015, 08:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

kitler53

Santa Monica Studio

Specifically for an unannounced title.  
we already new this.  Alanah Pearce is working on it too.  she confirmed she's writing for santa monica here and later in a tweet said the project is "undisclosed".   maybe that's not "hard" evidence of an unannounced title but GoW Ragnock was already announced by then so specifying "undisclosed" felt intentional to me.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

we already new this.  Alanah Pearce is working on it too.  she confirmed she's writing for santa monica here and later in a tweet said the project is "undisclosed".   maybe that's not "hard" evidence of an unannounced title but GoW Ragnock was already announced by then so specifying "undisclosed" felt intentional to me.

Did she say it was a fantasy title like the job posting?  

That was the reason I posted it.

the-pi-guy

PlayStation put out a job posting for Housemarque a month ago.

BananaKing

Hopefully this means Sony believes in the studio and want to develop another game. Im scared another ready at dawn situation would happen.

Legend

Hopefully this means Sony believes in the studio and want to develop another game. Im scared another ready at dawn situation would happen.

Gosh darnit thank you for reminding me. Our hype thread for that game was amazing and almost all of us expected Sony to buy them until reviews hit.

Xevross

Gosh darnit thank you for reminding me. Our hype thread for that game was amazing and almost all of us expected Sony to buy them until reviews hit.
I'd forgotten about that. We should get some hype and a Returnal thread going as well. Hopefully this one will be more worthy.

Its funny actually, why did The Order 1886 have so much more hype? This is from a better regarded dev with a better history of games, seems to be a lot more 'next-gen' sounding from the previews, seems like it'll have a lot more play time in its legs.

Is the price tag just killing Returnal?

the-pi-guy

I'd forgotten about that. We should get some hype and a Returnal thread going as well. Hopefully this one will be more worthy.

Its funny actually, why did The Order 1886 have so much more hype? This is from a better regarded dev with a better history of games, seems to be a lot more 'next-gen' sounding from the previews, seems like it'll have a lot more play time in its legs.
Probably because it looked good, and we thought it would be Ready At Dawn's breakout moment.  Like an Uncharted 2 moment.

BananaKing

Is the price tag just killing Returnal?
Because the game looked amazing. It was the first next gen big new ip from Sony. And the setting seemed super amazing.

Honestly, I really liked the game, and always wished it had a sequel. Also infamous and killzone didn't score as high as people hoped. So this was the game people were hoping would be the first must have PS4 game

Legend

A thread would be great!

My issue with Returnal is that it "shouldn't" be my type of game. 1886 sounded like a magic next gen U2 like Pi said while Returnal first looked like a 3d alienation. New info however has really sold me on it. Not gonna pay $70 but will buy it asap.

kitler53

the order 1886 is legit one of the better games i've played all gen.

yes it needed a longer campaign with a bit more diversity in gameplay but the fundamentals were strong.   it could have easily been improved upon for a stellar sequel.  i think the original was trashed unfairly.  

Xevross

Probably because it looked good, and we thought it would be Ready At Dawn's breakout moment.  Like an Uncharted 2 moment.
Because the game looked amazing. It was the first next gen big new ip from Sony. And the setting seemed super amazing.

Honestly, I really liked the game, and always wished it had a sequel. Also infamous and killzone didn't score as high as people hoped. So this was the game people were hoping would be the first must have PS4 game
I know why The Order was hyped, my question was why was it so much more hyped than Returnal is. Most of those things you guys said apply to Housemarque/ Returnal as well.

kitler53

I know why The Order was hyped, my question was why was it so much more hyped than Returnal is. Most of those things you guys said apply to Housemarque/ Returnal as well.
because no one likes these hades-like games.

the-pi-guy

- more popular game genre.
- PS5's launch has more competition.
- there feels like there's less discussion about games in general lately.

BananaKing

I would have been going crazy for retournal if it wasn't a rougue-like. They dont interest me as much.

If this was more doom, but bullstorm 3d shooter. I would have gone crazy for it. But it looks great to be honest.

Go Up