The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

The witness is free on the epic store.

So after spending the weekend with Sekiro I have to say that I still haven't quite warmed up to it.

I love the aesthetic and world design and it's cool to have a From Software game, with a protagonist that actually has somewhat of a character. But the combat system still hasn't quite clicked with me yet leading to me still regularly hitting frustrating brick walls. This isn't helped by the fact that other than in Dark Souls or Bloodborne, you often have these mini bosses in the middle of a bunch of other enemies, which you have to clear out all the time, if you don't want them interfering with you battle against the boss. And a lot of these bosses seem to have a little too much going in their favour, I feel.

I really disliked Bloodborne in the beginning, but after finally defeating the Cleric Beast the game really clicked with me and I had way less problems with it afterwards, I'm still waiting for that moment here.

So I guess I just need to get gud. Or maybe this just isn't the type of Fromsoft game, that I enjoy.
How is it going? Did the game ever click?

DerNebel

Apr 09, 2019, 07:53 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2019, 09:24 PM by DerNebel
The witness is free on the epic store.
How is it going? Did the game ever click?
It did actually. Took a little longer than Bloodborne and I still have instances where I panic and fudge things up completely, but overall it definitely clicked, I'm at the final boss now.

I do still like Bloodborne more though I think.

Edit: Or maybe it didn't, that final boss fight...dang -.-

Legend

I like 8, 9, and 10 the best!

Xevross

Got Sekiro for my birthday. Started playing it and... I'm in love. Bloodborne with parrying, cutscenes and dialogue. Oh mama.

the-pi-guy

Microsoft - June 9 at 1pm PT / 4pm ET
Bethesda Softworks - June 9 at 5:30pm PT / 8:30pm ET
UploadVR - June 10 at 9am PT / 12pm ET
PC Gaming Show - June 10 at 10am PT / 1pm ET
Limited Run Games - June 10 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET
Ubisoft - June 10 at 1pm PT / 4pm ET
Square Enix - June 10 at 6pm PT /  pm ET

Legend

Time for an e3 hype thread!!!

No devolver?

DerNebel

So after months I've finally started playing RDR2 and oof, now I know what people were talking about with the controls.

I hope I'll get used to this cause right now the controls just feel terrible.

Legend

So after months I've finally started playing RDR2 and oof, now I know what people were talking about with the controls.

I enjoyed the few hours I spent with the game but at this point I don't think I'll return.

Xevross

You do get used to them eventually. Horses will always be extremely annoying though.

DerNebel

I enjoyed the few hours I spent with the game but at this point I don't think I'll return.
Yeah, I see myself sticking mostly to the story cause acting and writing seem to be really well done up to now (I've only just gotten to chapter 2).

You do get used to them eventually. Horses will always be extremely annoying though.
I was fine with the horses up to now, though I mostly just needed to hold X I guess. :D

But that train robbery? Those tank controls in a tight environment like this weren't a good mix for me. Also I accidently killed one of the guards at the end....

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Hmmm few days too late to be celebrating Ed Balls day.

Legend

Great games with terrible names | ResetEra

The reverse of that other thread.

Personally, I have to go with Breath of the Wild. I've never been able to get out of my head the imagery of some wild beast breathing its disgusting breath on you.

Weird having so many gamers disliking good marketing names.

the-pi-guy

The Age of Empires community really bothers me.  

There's all these posts that don't seem to understand anything about game development.  

There's these almost paranoid posts that Age of Empires 4 hasn't even started development, because the remasters aren't done yet, and the remasters are going to take 2 years each.  

And then there's posts asking why MS didn't put the money going towards the remasters towards the 4th game.  (I'd assume that MS would budget based off what they expect a game to bring in.  So the remasters wouldn't hold back the main development.)

Even beyond that, the age of empires 2 Reddit has a big streaming culture.  
I even saw a post where someone asked who some "famous" age of empires streamer was, and some redditor asked them why they were on that subreddit, if they don't know who that is.  

I don't know, it's probably just a handful of random instances, but I still dislike it.  

Legend

The Age of Empires community really bothers me.  

There's all these posts that don't seem to understand anything about game development.  

There's these almost paranoid posts that Age of Empires 4 hasn't even started development, because the remasters aren't done yet, and the remasters are going to take 2 years each.  

And then there's posts asking why MS didn't put the money going towards the remasters towards the 4th game.  (I'd assume that MS would budget based off what they expect a game to bring in.  So the remasters wouldn't hold back the main development.)

Even beyond that, the age of empires 2 Reddit has a big streaming culture.  
I even saw a post where someone asked who some "famous" age of empires streamer was, and some redditor asked them why they were on that subreddit, if they don't know who that is.  

I don't know, it's probably just a handful of random instances, but I still dislike it.  

Dev stuff makes sense. No one really understands what goes on behind the scenes and every game has stuff like that. Plus it stems from the fear of the game being a low priority. Elite Dangerous has had this a lot too, just replace remasters with development of different ips. Still frustrating though.

Streaming thing is stupid. I didn't even know Age of Empires had an active streaming community.

Go Up