Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

ethomaz

The GAF thread is one of the most entertaining things I ever read.

How could people be so delusional in both sides (hyping to heavens expecting something crazy not possible for a console and downplaying to hells expecting something even lower than Pro).

Mmm_fish_tacos

It  wont be less than a pro for sure. But it wont run all games in 4k either.  

ethomaz

It  wont be less than a pro for sure. But it wont run all games in 4k either.  
They are expecting Quantum Break in native 4k now when XB1 version runs at 720p.

Raven

Hoping Crackdown 3 looks good. My buddy and I have been wanting a Crackdown game this gen since before it was announced. Though, we're very cautious because Crackdown 2 was disappointing and the studio in charge of this one has never made a game before.

Ludicrous Speed

Amazed that we haven't seen any leaks yet, especially considering the last 2-3 E3's.

The GAF thread is one of the most entertaining things I ever read.

How could people be so delusional in both sides (hyping to heavens expecting something crazy not possible for a console and downplaying to hells expecting something even lower than Pro).
People anticipating the Scorpio have been very reasonable in the GAF thread. More so than anywhere else I have seen. A majority of the thread does not expect the Rysen crud the crazies are expecting.

nnodley

Amazed that we haven't seen any leaks yet, especially considering the last 2-3 E3's.

Probably because most of the tech specs have been leaked already. Now it's just a matter of diving deeper into them

ethomaz

DF leaked the last consoles releases after GDC... I believe this time MS choose to reach them before they leak to use their works to be more like a PR reveal than an usual leak.

I think that was good choice.

It the rumors are right DF was about to leak the 4.8TFs of the actual XDK and that could damage Scorpio because their claim at E3 (6TFs)... so MS invited them to explain why and when the XDK will reach 6TFs and the final target specs.

Legend

Hoping Crackdown 3 looks good. My buddy and I have been wanting a Crackdown game this gen since before it was announced. Though, we're very cautious because Crackdown 2 was disappointing and the studio in charge of this one has never made a game before.
I Doubt there will be a lot of new game info. Probably mostly already released games and sections of games already shown.

CRackdown is getting a release date at e3.

Ludicrous Speed

DF leaked the last consoles releases after GDC... I believe this time MS choose to reach them before they leak to use their works to be more like a PR reveal than an usual leak.

I think that was good choice.

It the rumors are right DF was about to leak the 4.8TFs of the actual XDK and that could damage Scorpio because their claim at E3 (6TFs)... so MS invited them to explain why and when the XDK will reach 6TFs and the final target specs.
Assuming whatever rumor you're referring to with 4.8 TF is true, only hardcore gamers read DF, any "damage" would be extremely negligible at best. They could simply explain it as needing an SDK update in the future and people would be ok with it. We know how the gaming world works.

ethomaz

Apr 05, 2017, 09:00 PM Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017, 09:02 PM by ethomaz
Assuming whatever rumor you're referring to with 4.8 TF is true, only hardcore gamers read DF, any "damage" would be extremely negligible at best. They could simply explain it as needing an SDK update in the future and people would be ok with it. We know how the gaming world works.
I disagree.

DF is pretty strong in that part and all news outlets will spread the DF article around the world... anybody you talk about consoles (casual, hardcore, etc) knows PS4 is stronger than XB1 and that did a good market for Sony.

Even here in Brasil casual newspaper will spread the tomorrow DF article (on Friday of course).7

MS damaged Xbox brand with the Xbox One reveal and they don't want to make the same mistakes again... a leak based in actual XDK will generate a lot of inaccurate bad news for them.

Horizon

Xbox fans are HYPING this up to be the greatest console ever. They are putting it on pedestal it cannot meet.

Ludicrous Speed

And any of those reports will include that DF says it will hit 6tf by launch. Not that anyone but hardcore gamers will give a crud. As MS says, this is an enthusiasts machine. We know better.

ethomaz

And any of those reports will include that DF says it will hit 6tf by launch. Not that anyone but hardcore gamers will give a crud. As MS says, this is an enthusiasts machine. We know better.
It will include that after MS reach then with this exclusive deal.

Before that they will leak only the actual XDK specs.

darkknightkryta

Honestly I was recently looking at the 1080.  I think Sony's solution is actually pretty dang impressive.  Microsoft's should be as well.  As long as its scalar is as good.

Go Up