Pokemon Let's Go: bet on the metacritic 81 and 81

Started by Legend, Nov 07, 2018, 04:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

I have to say, while I don't think this game is as good as any of the other core games in most areas there are some areas in nails. It is extremely fun to play, which is obviously the most important thing. I love that pokemon appear in the overworld and you can choose which to try and catch.

The catch system is fun in handheld mode, but needs serious work in console mode. I think the way you catch legendaries is the better form of the system, having to fight them first to "calm them". If I were designing the catching system in the future I'd make it like this, except instead of just beating the pokemon you have to weaken them like before, then choose when to enter catch mode. The seemingly random catch chance right now though is annoying, should just be a scale and if you throw well enough with the pokemon calm enough it should be 100% catch chance.

I like that there's a bit more to the story, with characters popping up and there being some dialogue every now and then. The game oozes charm as well, and it puts a smile on your face.

Dr. Pezus

Go Up