Say Anything About The Game You're Currently Playing...

Started by ethomaz, Jun 05, 2014, 03:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SWORDF1SH

Finished The Talos Principle but I didn't explore the tower or find all the stars and it wipes you data when you finish. So back in to complete everything this time. A brilliant puzzle game.

Dr. Pezus

Playing FFVII remake. Pretty great so far!

Legend

I jumped into skyrim again as a distraction.

Series X load times are amazing. It's as if the world was seamless. Game itself feels pretty dated. I'm playing the special edition but I did not expect it to remind me of playing TES Blades on switch.

Console mods are cool but scary. You just have to hope everything works because there is no way to tweak things yourself. I have a cheat mod that lets me teleport into a cheat room as needed. Pretty funky solution since they couldn't make a ui.

Dr. Pezus

Playing FFVII Remake and surprisingly am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would.

Legend

Skyrim is really cool. First 10 hours you feel like you can do anything.

After that you feel like you can do nothing.

All the quests are so linear and don't really give you a chance to role play. I went into Riften wanting to clean the city up but nah, not in the cards. It felt like the devs teased me haha.

Makes me really excited about Forged Odyssey, but nervous that my first 10 hours won't be good enough. Skyrim is great at selling its world and the people in it. I can't compete with their dialogue.

the-pi-guy

Skyrim is really cool. First 10 hours you feel like you can do anything.

After that you feel like you can do nothing.

All the quests are so linear and don't really give you a chance to role play. I went into Riften wanting to clean the city up but nah, not in the cards. It felt like the devs teased me haha.

Makes me really excited about Forged Odyssey, but nervous that my first 10 hours won't be good enough. Skyrim is great at selling its world and the people in it. I can't compete with their dialogue.

Have you played it before?  I swear I've put 500 hours into the game.
I love building houses.

Quest quality is so variable.

Spoiler for Dark Brotherhood:
<br>You at least get a choice with the Dark Brotherhood. &nbsp;<br>

Legend

Have you played it before?  I swear I've put 500 hours into the game.
I love building houses.

Quest quality is so variable.

Spoiler for Dark Brotherhood:
<br>You at least get a choice with the Dark Brotherhood. &nbsp;<br>

I played it back at release but never made it that far. I focused on the main quest while this time I'm ignoring it.

Yeah I'm planning to take the dark brotherhood down! My character is an all powerful god that wants to make things better. I'm using a cheat sword that one hit kills everything, since Skyrim combat wasn't even that good at launch.

Also using a cheat potion that gives me infinite carry weight. I'm playing in 3rd person and looting is really tedious, so instead I just take everything from people I kill and sell the clothes+weapons.

Kinda thinking of doing a full marathon of Elder Scrolls. Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall, and then Arena. I never finished Morrowind or Daggerfall either so it should be fun.

Legend

I broke the thieves guild.

Made my way into the boss's house super early so the game broke when I was supposed to go back. Might be able to fix it with mods.

Legend

So I missed Baba is You's ending... (no spoilers)

I saw on howlongtobeat that it was around 6 hours but 30 for everything. Well by the time I hit 20 hours, I pulled up a hint guide. lol sure enough I had been in the end game for a day or two and a super early puzzle I didn't like wasn't just an extra.

It's a really good game but I also had some big issues with it. I'm not one that cares about increasing numbers and the vast majority of levels just felt like work for the sake of work. Wish it introduced new things faster, but I do appreciate how thoroughly it explores the concept.

BananaKing

So im playing hollow knight, im enjoying it quite a lot honestly. Let's see if it can keep its charm though for the long run

Xevross

Persona 5 is way way too long. Its a fantastic game but man there's just so much of it and its been kind of the same structure without much new for a while now. The lack of autosaves and having to go back to your last safe room when you die adds to the annoyance.

Dying is normally quite avoidable but for whatever reason they decided that if Joker goes down then that's an insta-lose. Anyone else in your party you can revive or even let them stay down and finish the fight but Joker = loss. And Joker can randomly get one-hit like the rest of them. I mostly love the fast paced combat in P5, some JRPGs have fights last ages with lots of HP on the monster and your party's sides but P5 is very much you and the monster's hurt each other a lot and fights are very quick. You've gotta think about what you're doing and try to take down enemies swiftly without giving them much of a chance to hit you. Its real fun, but when Joker randomly dies in one go without you being able to do anything about it, and that causes you to have to reload at a safe room and lose almost an hour of progress, not fun.

I love P5 and want to finish it but I'm taking a break for a bit as its starting to annoy me.

So I started playing Pyre. Its quite fun but I'm not sure its super clicking with me, its a very weird unique game. The game inside and outside of the rites doesn't blend well, but each part in isolation is fun. The rites are complex but you can get by with just using the basic moves. We'll see, I only played 2 hours and I think its a really good game but its just not grabbing me, I don't feel so engaged.

Dr. Pezus

Still playing FFVII remake and the plot is really surprising me. Thought I had heard everything about it throughout the years since people like to spoil/talk about it.

I'm over 10 hours in. Feels like I haven't played a game for that long in a while!

the-pi-guy

Some fun game design facts about Jak and Daxter:

- as far as I recall there are no invisible walls that are accessible for the player.  If the player gets somewhere they aren't supposed to be, the game will eat them. (a shark eats them, after some warning music).  

- there are rooms in Jak 2 and 3 that are obviously secretly loading screens.

Legend

Some fun game design facts about Jak and Daxter:

- as far as I recall there are no invisible walls that are accessible for the player.  If the player gets somewhere they aren't supposed to be, the game will eat them. (a shark eats them, after some warning music).  

- there are rooms in Jak 2 and 3 that are obviously secretly loading screens.
Is there a land shark too?

the-pi-guy

Is there a land shark too?
No.  Every map is designed so it's not necessary.

Jak 1: map is surrounded by cliffs and ocean
Jak 2: game takes place in a guarded city, surrounded by walls.
Jak 3: map is surrounded by ocean.

A slight correction later games no longer have the shark.  Jak 2 has an underwater security robot.  Jak 3 I believe has an octopus?  It's been a while since I've played that. 

Go Up