PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Really square. you blocked Yuna's and Tidus's kissing scene............

Aura7541

Really square. you blocked Yuna's and Tidus's kissing scene............
Wait, really...? The PS3 version didn't have it blocked...

Mmm_fish_tacos

Wait, really...? The PS3 version didn't have it blocked...
I'm recording my whole play. It blocked the scene from being recorded. I really want a capture card for reasons like this and it constantly blocking out parts of the screen when you get a trophy or an alert of any kind.

Aura7541

I'm recording my whole play. It blocked the scene from being recorded. I really want a capture card for reasons like this and it constantly blocking out parts of the screen when you get a trophy or an alert of any kind.
Oh, I see what you mean. This is not unique to Square. The Japanese music industry really cracks down on people who upload or stream videos that plays Japanese songs. On Kingdom Hearts walkthroughs, YouTubers mute the opening because of Utada Hikaru's songs. A more recent example would be SAO: Lost Song. People will mute their walkthroughs whenever Eir Aoi or Luna Haruna sings.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Oh, I see what you mean. This is not unique to Square. The Japanese music industry really cracks down on people who upload or stream videos that plays Japanese songs. On Kingdom Hearts walkthroughs, YouTubers mute the opening because of Utada Hikaru's songs. A more recent example would be SAO: Lost Song. People will mute their walkthroughs whenever Eir Aoi or Luna Haruna sings.
Which sucks. It ruins the stream or recording.

Kerotan

gamrConnect Forums - Does Nintendo still actually have a good Holiday line up for Wii U?

In North America at least. The rest of you already got most of your games I think. What else does Japan and Europe have coming?

It's moments like these that I thank God I was given a ps1 as a kid and not a Nintendo console.  

How is this even a question.  The Wii U as an overall games console has possibly the worst peak year holiday line up in console history.  

As tamron said,  how can you even call that a line up.

Mmm_fish_tacos

- said Andrew House to Bloomberg during Tokyo Game Show
- House didn't reveal price but it could cost around £350 ('round 545.29 'merican dollaz)
- House expects 10 titles to be ready for PSVR at launch, which is expected to take place first half of 2016
- House said about PSVR:
"VR rewrites the rule book on how you can create games,"
"You're seeing a large amount of interest and work happening among smaller teams, because it's possible to create something in VR that is very simple but still very magical."
- Andrew House evaded the question of whether there will be a Western price drop for the PS4 following Japan and China price drop
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/playstation-vr-could-cost-around-350-at-launch/0156110

Legend

- said Andrew House to Bloomberg during Tokyo Game Show
- House didn't reveal price but it could cost around £350 ('round 545.29 'merican dollaz)
- House expects 10 titles to be ready for PSVR at launch, which is expected to take place first half of 2016
- House said about PSVR:
"VR rewrites the rule book on how you can create games,"
"You're seeing a large amount of interest and work happening among smaller teams, because it's possible to create something in VR that is very simple but still very magical."
- Andrew House evaded the question of whether there will be a Western price drop for the PS4 following Japan and China price drop
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/playstation-vr-could-cost-around-350-at-launch/0156110
$299 would be fine.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Legend

NO! 299 is DoooooM!
I'm really hoping for $199 since that would catch the mass market, but at least enthusiasts will be fine with $299.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I'm really hoping for $199 since that would catch the mass market, but at least enthusiasts will be fine with $299.
I'm Fine with 299, I fully expect it to be at least that much. Anything less and it would be a cheap piece of crud that wouldn't be worth owning.

Legend

I'm Fine with 299, I fully expect it to be at least that much. Anything less and it would be a cheap piece of crud that wouldn't be worth owning.
Nah the quality wouldn't change, just Sony's business model.

Basically how both the 3DS and Vita launched at $250, even though Vita was a heck of a lot better hardware.

Kerotan

Nah the quality wouldn't change, just Sony's business model.

Basically how both the 3DS and Vita launched at $250, even though Vita was a heck of a lot better hardware.
I reckon that will launch it at a high profitable price and get the early hardcore sales.  

If the consumer or competition forces a cheaper price they will have the wiggle room to do so.

Hopefully the thing costs no more than 200$ to produce.  

the-pi-guy

Few games and price too high, I'm nervous.
Think Sony should start pushing games development on the device as hard as they can.  
Make as many Indies as possible. Bring a few big games too.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Few games and price too high, I'm nervous.
Think Sony should start pushing games development on the device as hard as they can.  
Make as many Indies as possible. Bring a few big games too.  
If gt7 supports it then it will sell pretty well on that game alone. And you have games like War thunder, Pcars and Eve Valkyrie and RIg's! This is going to be a sim players dream. Thats a pretty strong line up and All those games should be day one.

Go Up