When did you start gaming?

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 28, 2018, 09:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I've been gaming since I was like 5.  My parents had a SNES and N64.  
I got my own PS2 when I was like 7 or 8.  Had bad luck with them, and went through 3 PS2.  

So I have something like 17 years of gaming under my belt.  

Legend

Hey I thought I was making all the threads! ::)

Gameboy color was my first. Around 1997. Got Pokemon and loved it.

My cousin had an n64. Played rampage, pokemon snap, and dk 64.

Grandma had a ps1 with spyro but no memory card. We got really good at speedrunning it.

Rented a ps1 once.

Rented a ps2 from hollywood video a few times. Buz Lighter and Donald Duck were amazing. Then my brother convinced my parents to get a ps2 for christams.

Loved the ps2. Also bought gameboy advance sp with my own money. I remember being amazed with the graphics. Gought a psp for free from a friend.

Xevross

My first was either a Gameboy Advance SP or PS1. I got the GBA when I was 5, but my Dad also had a PS1 in his house which we played a lot. I think I might have played the PS1 first, when I was 3 or 4. Also played a fair amount of PC games at my dad's. I had an old fifa game on GBA which was really simple thinking back, but I liked it.

Got a PS2 slim for my 7th birthday, in 2005.

Got a DS a year later Diamond was my first pokemon game and I absolutely loved it. Played lots of shovelware games I'm pretty sure ;D

Got a PSP a year after that, had some good times.

Mum bought a Wii for the family in 2007 for christmas, she got caught up in the hype. We loved playing wii sports and wii fit together as a family, and I played loads of Mario Kart and Mario and Sonic at the olympic games with my friends

Got a PS3 slim in 2010, for christmas I'm pretty sure. I remember I was obsessed with Black Ops since that was the game I got, played pretty much nothing else for months. Got Uncharted 3 and liked it a lot.

Since then I've got every nintendo/ sony machine except wiiU pretty much around launch. Got the vita and 3ds I think one year late.

Legend

I got a wii at launch christmas. Parents kept saying it was sold out and then bam! Got it for Christams. I loved all those games. Elebites, real steal, truck game...

Xevross

I got a wii at launch christmas. Parents kept saying it was sold out and then bam! Got it for Christams. I loved all those games. Elebites, real steal, truck game...
I'm not actually 100% sure we got it a year late, we might have got it launch christmas. I think we played it at a friends and we decided we were going to get one.

darkknightkryta

4.  Mario Bros.

the-pi-guy

Got a PS3 in 2010.  First few games were LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted 2, Batman Arkham Asylum.  

Fricken amazing.  

Got a Wii in 2008 I think.  Literally spent 100's of hours playing Mario kart with my parents

Legend

Got a PS3 in 2010.  First few games were LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted 2, Batman Arkham Asylum.  

Fricken amazing.  

Got a Wii in 2008 I think.  Literally spent 100's of hours playing Mario kart with my parents
I got my PS3 in 2009/2010 too!