God of War |OT| Now on PC

Started by Xevross, Apr 11, 2018, 05:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Good  Might be higher by then
Or it might have received loads of mixed reviews and the edge 4/10 is the final nail in the coffin for 90+

Dr. Pezus

Or it might have received loads of mixed reviews and the edge 4/10 is the final nail in the coffin for 90+

I'm stoopit
That's right

Xevross

Legend

Hopefully it can stick to 95. That would be amazing. Either way the reviews are amazing and this game really really seems to deliver. I hope SSM get a chance to do a new IP next.
They don't need to do a new IP.  If GOW can reinvent itself like this then why not keep reinventing it every generation?

It's kinda cool to think that outside of Nintendo games (and GTA), god of war is practically the only old franchise that started huge and is staying huge without franchise fatigue setting in.

Xevross

They don't need to do a new IP.  If GOW can reinvent itself like this then why not keep reinventing it every generation?

It's kinda cool to think that outside of Nintendo games (and GTA), god of war is practically the only old franchise that started huge and is staying huge without franchise fatigue setting in.
Well Cory said he wants to do a new IP next. I guess Sony just let him do what he wants rather than try to force a sequel.

Yeah God of War is a very impressive franchise. Its a shame I never appreciated/ hadn't really heard of it when I had a PS3

Dr. Pezus

Can GoW become the best reviewed PS4 game, besides GTA? It's one place behind TLOUR

God of War is the perfect franchise for that, since it's easy for them to switch mythologies and stuff

Well Cory said he wants to do a new IP next. I guess Sony just let him do what he wants rather than try to force a sequel.

Yeah God of War is a very impressive franchise. Its a shame I never appreciated/ hadn't really heard of it when I had a PS3
My guess is that Cory does a new IP while another team starts working on a GoW sequel. After they see the sales numbers I don't think they can put it on hold

Xevross

Can GoW become the best reviewed PS4 game, besides GTA? It's one place behind TLOUR

My guess is that Cory does a new IP while another team starts working on a GoW sequel. After they see the sales numbers I don't think they can put it on hold
Maybe, Edge will bring it down and make that very difficult but we'll see. I'd still bet it ends on 94 at this point.

Yeah that would be good too, I just would have doubts that the sequel could match this in quality.

Xevross

Kerotan

Considering the weight of Edge on metacritic if they give it a 10 it could hit 96. Probably 10 to 20 reviews before then so if they can overall push it towards 96 it's very doable. I think Edge who gave tlou a 10 are likely to favour this. However those other sites that have given games like tlou and hzd bad scores I have my doubts. We'll see.

Xevross

Considering the weight of Edge on metacritic if they give it a 10 it could hit 96. Probably 10 to 20 reviews before then so if they can overall push it towards 96 it's very doable. I think Edge who gave tlou a 10 are likely to favour this. However those other sites that have given games like tlou and hzd bad scores I have my doubts. We'll see.
There's talk of edge editors hinting its not a 10. Also people are just generally thinking they won't give it. Their highest for any GoW game is an 8, although this is very different.

I'd say they're most likely to give a 9, with an 8 and 10 equally likely either way.

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

Now I can buy without regret this game... 94 was too rick for disappointment.

PS4 games getting great review scores GIF | Create, Discover and Share on Gfycat
This gif spreading fake info lol

Go Up