PlayStation London Studio talks about their next project

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 27, 2022, 01:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

No VR.

Online co-op fantasy

you're seeing a take on a modern fantasy London. Our overarching theme is about bringing fantastical and magical elements and intersecting that with familiar worlds, and you don't get much more familiar to us than London."

We got the inspiration on the process by talking to our colleagues at Guerrilla Games. We were fascinated about how they went from Killzone to Horizon: Zero Dawn, and this was the exact process they went through.
"Our Soho Engine, our in-house game engine, is at the heart of what we're doing here," he says. "This is an engine that was built from the ground-up for this generation of hardware and the needs of the game that we're making. It's designed to take full advantage of the PS5. But it's fair to say that some of the toolset that we're using dates back to the VR Worlds and Blood & Truth tech that we had on PS4. Because at the end of the day, VR games need to have super-efficient pipelines and engines."
Concept art:

kitler53

fantasy co-op?    i'm interested.   i like the concept art too.  i love that it's not drab post-apocalyptic military zombies... 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Oh no. I really hope it succeeds but online games like this often have really rocky launches.

BananaKing

Oh no. I really hope it succeeds but online games like this often have really rocky launches.
Specially if the gameplay is meh or just alright

kitler53

all depends on how the gameplay is structured.  

I'll bet you can solo the game but they are hoping you grab a friend or three.  an amazing thing about online coop that online pvp can't do is still be playable decades after the game is irrelevant.

me and my coop buddy play tons of old games.  an active community isn't needed if you bring your own buddy.  

like,.  now that we finished nobody saves the world we plan on playing Helldivers next.  who cares the game released on the PS3.  we'll be fine. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens