Jun 12, 2014, 05:19 PM Last Edit: Nov 28, 2022, 02:52 PM by darkknightkryta

Knockout Stage

Group Stage

Top Scorers

Xevross

ethomaz

Just to be fair with everybody... today is Holiday here due the Cup :D

DD_Bwest

how prevalent are the protests?    our news mentions them a little, and shows tear gas scenes etc.    is it just small stuff like every country gets when they waste billions, or are people actually pissed?

I love the world cup.. its fun to get into every 4 years.  Ill be chearing for the brits!

Xevross

how prevalent are the protests?    our news mentions them a little, and shows tear gas scenes etc.    is it just small stuff like every country gets when they waste billions, or are people actually pissed?

I love the world cup.. its fun to get into every 4 years.  Ill be chearing for the brits!

Yeah! Don't worry. We're gonna do really shame! And our news shows the same as well, although they said smoke grenades not tear gas...

ethomaz

To be fair the protests are not about the Cup itself... it was happening already even before because other issues like public transport, hearth and others things (well the money spent on Cup too)... the Cup will be used to show to the world these protests but the policy like you said already dispersed them with gas bombs.

The public that is going to watch the cup today in stadium don't make protest... it is another class with more money and without live the Brazil's issues... so I don't expect to see protests inside the stadium... just outside with the policy dealing with it.

That my view of what is happening :D

Edit - Just to be clear... the Brazilian's protests are no near European's countries protests... here is way light.

DD_Bwest

Yeah! Don't worry. We're gonna do really shame! And our news shows the same as well, although they said smoke grenades not tear gas...

our news likes to sensationalize to make a bigger story so wouldnt surprise me if it was just smoke cans lol  when the olympics were in town we had some decent protests, but was really just a small crowd making lots of noise.   its ironic..  they are mad about the spending,  but the protest wont bring money back and will only increase the cost of security.. lol

DD_Bwest

To be fair the protests are not about the Cup itself... it was happening already even before because other issues like public transport, hearth and others things (well the money spent on Cup too)... the Cup will be used to show to the world these protests but the policy like you said already dispersed them with gas bombs.

The public that is going to watch the cup today in stadium don't make protest... it is another class with more money and without live the Brazil's issues... so I don't expect to see protests inside the stadium... just outside with the policy dealing with it.

That my view of what is happening :D

Edit - Just to be clear... the Brazilian's protests are no near European's countries protests... these here are way light.
ah okay,  our news makes it sound like they just popped up now.   and they have shown us the huge difference in classes from the slums to those who are all for the cup.   

DD_Bwest

lets bring it to a more cheerful topic.   what are your  predictions?

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

ah okay,  our news makes it sound like they just popped up now.   and they have shown us the huge difference in classes from the slums to those who are all for the cup.

Well to be fair the television here (Globo) hide a lot of things happening too... so what is really happening will be know after and I live in the city (São Paulo)... it is holiday here today so it makes the things easy because there are way less people on streets.

For example the smock bomb incident happened 4 hours ago in a Metro station far away the Stadium... it was 10km of the distance of the stadium.

ethomaz

DD_Bwest

2 x 0 Brazil... Neymar and Fred goals.

im with you i was about to say 2-nil for brazil

ethomaz

I forget a fun fact.

The São Paulo's fans are the harsh to the Brazilian's team... there is no game (no matter the result) that we don't BOO the Brazilian's team.

It is the worst place in Brazil to our team play :D

Xevross

I forget a fun fact.

The São Paulo's fans are the harsh to the Brazilian's team... there is no game (no matter the result) that we don't BOO the Brazilian's team.

It is the worst place in Brazil to our team play :D

Yeah I remember reading about that...

Brazil 3-1 Croatia

Go Up