What CPU?

Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

I'm expecting Forza 7, Halo 6 and Ori 2 from MS' E3 this year, aside from that I'm drawing a total blank.
Ori is a smaller game but it'd still make a good announcement.

Let's see what devs does MS have?

Holy fudge I didn't realise it was this bad until I saw the wiki page.

-Turn 10
-Rare
-Mojang
-The Coalition

So there probably won't be any first party surprises. An insider on GAF has also stated that Microsoft isn't publishing Playground's second IP so that's off the table.

DerNebel

-Turn 10
-Rare
-Mojang
-The Coalition

So there probably won't be any first party surprises. An insider on GAF has also stated that Microsoft isn't publishing Playground's second IP so that's off the table.
Ori 2 was leaked last year already, so it should be a lock I guess.

That Jez Corden guy apparently said that he knows about 4 MS exclusives that are still to be announced, "some of them are kinda big" but I have really no idea what they all could be. (And no I unfortunately can't find the comment itself, I saw someone on reddit say that Corden said this, no idea where the original comment is from)

Horizon

Might as well make this post here. I've been thinking about it for a while.

I already went through and made a list for every announced XBOX exclusive going into E3 and found this year had half of what every other year had, but how many games need to be announced at E3 to make up for that?

Here are all the announced exclusives after every E3.

E3 2013:
Forza 5
Ryse
Quantum Break
Killer Instinct
Project Spark
Kinect Sports Rivals
D4
Halo 5
Dead Rising 3
Titanfall
Sunset Overdrive
(11)

E3 2014:
Quantum Break
Project Spark
D4
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Fable Legends
Forza Horizon 2
Dance Central Spotlight
Phantom Dust
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Shape Up
(12)

E3 2015:
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Fable Legends
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Gears 4
(10)

E3 2016:
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
ReCore
Sea of Thieves
Gears 4
Halo Wars 2
Dead Rising 4
Forza Horizon 3
State of Decay 2
(9)

Predicting E3 2017:
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2
*Forza 7
*Halo 6
*New Rare game, hinted by Shinobi
*Third party exclusive

I'm sure I'm missing some but more or less MS needs to announce 6 new big exclusives to tie with last year, and 8 new exclusives to match their average. Will be super interesting to see if they've been holding back and want to announce a lot of far off games for Scorpio or if XBOX exclusives aren't a priority anymore.
Shinobi said a while back he would be amazed if Rare announced their new game as it is basically in prototype stage but hey who knows, MS do love their CGI for games that have barely entered development.

Raven

Shinobi said a while back he would be amazed if Rare announced their new game as it is basically in prototype stage but hey who knows, MS do love their CGI for games that have barely entered development.
Not to mention I suspect Rare is on the chopping block. If Sea of Thieves doesn't go over well, I can see Microsoft shutting them down. They probably don't want them investing time and resources into a project they might not even be wanting soon.

Horizon

-Turn 10
-Rare
-Mojang
-The Coalition

Got a link to this?

Legend

Horizon

Not to mention I suspect Rare is on the chopping block. If Sea of Thieves doesn't go over well, I can see Microsoft shutting them down. They probably don't want them investing time and resources into a project they might not even be wanting soon.
I think if MS closed RARE people lose their crud really. Lionhead annoyed a lot of but RARE? A historic studio of that caliber shutting down would be bad press for Xbox but also really highlight what an abject failure MS has been at managing studios. I feel they will keep RARE open just because if they did people would consider the future of Xbox and also they paid a lot of money for them too.

Microsoft Studios - Wikipedia
Sorry I meant to that Playground games comment by an insider.

Legend

That makes more sense  ::)

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

Originally Posted by EmiPrime

If Playground Games are working on Forza Horizon 4 set in Japan and their new second studio is working on Fable 4 then y'all can put the lists away, I will have all I need.

2nd team at Playground is working on a multiplayer title, passed on by MS. As the post-mortem from Lionhead pointed at, MS higher ups told them during the pitch process there will never be a Table 4; don't pitch it.
 Edit: multiplatform, not multiplayer. Sorry, dang autocorrect

DerNebel

Yeah, I'm really struggling to think of where MS could even take exclusive games at this point. Third party publishers will be very hard to convince of such a thing at this point and they don't have the studios to make the games either. Even the independent studios that work with MS (or used to work) don't seem to be coming out with new exclusives for the machine since both Remedy and Playground are making their new games with other publishers (Playground will of course still make Forza Horizon). Insomniac doesn't seem to be working with them either. And who's left after that? Sumo Digital, Ready at Dawn, Supermassive Games? Would any of those work with MS? And even if, what would they be making?

Unless they've been able to hide it extremely well I simply don't see where they could be taking games from. I have a feeling that MS' E3 might focus in large part on showcasing the Scorpio improvements on a) already released first party games, b) already announced first party games and c) upcoming third party games.

darkknightkryta

What's table 4 and why won't there be another one?

Legend

What's table 4 and why won't there be another one?
Fable

Raven

I think if MS closed RARE people lose their crud really. Lionhead annoyed a lot of but RARE? A historic studio of that caliber shutting down would be bad press for Xbox but also really highlight what an abject failure MS has been at managing studios. I feel they will keep RARE open just because if they did people would consider the future of Xbox and also they paid a lot of money for them too.

Rare isn't what it used to be. There is no real caliber to that studio anymore. Go back over the last 12 years and look at the games they've made. Oh boy... some real high caliber stuff right there. The Killer Instinct reboot wasn't even developed by them. A lot of studios with long histories have closed down even when people thought it would never happen for one reason or another. Microsoft isn't going to keep a studio that's draining them of money and hasn't managed to produce or continue a legitimate hit franchise in over a decade. It wouldn't be like Sony closing Naughty Dog after a bad game.

I think you probably already missed the press highlighting Microsoft's failures when it was discovered that suddenly about 8 of their studios don't even exist anymore. This wouldn't be anything shocking. The sudden closure of Lionhead and Press Play when they were both in the middle of a project was already enough to bring to light the issues within Microsoft's internal studios, not to mention Twisted Pixel exercising its right to leave the company before the closures even came to light. Preceded further back by Bungie's departure, which brought forth a whirlwind of speculation and rumors. Closing Rare isn't going to be any bigger of a deal than any other closure. It would just be another victim.

I think you're grossly overestimating how much people care about Rare at this point. A lot of people have predicted Rare's imminent closure. Hell, there were people who were more surprised Lionhead got closed first. I was one of them. Microsoft's first party is already looked at as nothing more than Forza, Gears, Halo, and Minecraft. It's a popular thing among the community in general now to say that if you're not making a hit franchise for Microsoft, you're gonna get closed. If that happened to Rare tomorrow, you would mostly get a lot of "see... told ya".

ethomaz

MS just kill their studios... that is what happens at long run.

No surprise here

nnodley

Apr 08, 2017, 08:19 PM Last Edit: Apr 08, 2017, 08:21 PM by nnodley
What the hell is with all this talk that Scorpio will deliver 4k textures, higher LOD's and be 4k native.  I understand having higher textures cause of the higher amount of RAM, but to deliver all that and be native 4k is not gonna happen.  Even a lot of the best of the best graphics cards struggle doing ultra everything with native 4k and stable fps.    These people on gaf are straight up delusional. 

4k textures are usually a good chunk larger as well which will likely drive up game sizes. Even optimized once we get to the point where games can use 4k textures everywhere the games will start being upwards of 100 gigs base without patches.

ethomaz

What the hell is with all this talk that Scorpio will deliver 4k textures, higher LOD's and be 4k native.  I understand having higher textures cause of the higher amount of RAM, but to deliver all that and be native 4k is not gonna happen.  Even a lot of the best of the best graphics cards struggle doing ultra everything with native 4k and stable fps.    These people on gaf are straight up delusional.  

4k textures are usually a good chunk larger as well which will likely drive up game sizes. Even optimized once we get to the point where games can use 4k textures everywhere the games will start being upwards of 100 gigs base without patches.
MS can probably allow 4k textures via DLC like it happens in PC.

4k native will happen only for few games like Forza.

Go Up