Star Citizen

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

It looks like 2.6.2 is on track to release on time. The 23rd of this month. Hopefully next week or the week after we get a schedule report dealing with the next major patch.

Legend

It looks like 2.6.2 is on track to release on time. The 23rd of this month. Hopefully next week or the week after we get a schedule report dealing with the next major patch.
Do you think 3.0 will be next, a 2.6.3, or 3.0 is split into multiple patches?

Raven

Do you think 3.0 will be next, a 2.6.3, or 3.0 is split into multiple patches?
Not likely to be a 2.6.3 after this. It will either be the speculated 2.7, since the devs mentioned it in the past but have left it out of roadmaps, or they'll show the schedule for 3.0.

Legend

Not likely to be a 2.6.3 after this. It will either be the speculated 2.7, since the devs mentioned it in the past but have left it out of roadmaps, or they'll show the schedule for 3.0.
WHen have they mentioned 2.7? I only remember that from before 2.7 was renamed 3.0

Raven

WHen have they mentioned 2.7? I only remember that from before 2.7 was renamed 3.0
2.7 was mentioned by Todd Papy during a Happy Hour. People had thought that 2.7 wasn't happening anymore and that it was rolled into 3.0 but when Papy mentioned big armor changes on the way he asked his partner if that was coming in 2.7, which caused people to question. Keep in mind that 2.6.1 was originally the only minor patch they had planned for 2.6 but then they needed to do a 2.6.2 for some reason. So, this is obviously a constantly changing patch cycle. Thing is, if they know 3.0 is going to take way too long then they have a good reason for rolling out another big patch to put in the things that might be ready now. Something they mentioned aiming to do before if the situation allows for it.

Raven

Looks like 2.6.2 is going to be late.

Raven

Legend

Looks like 2.6.2 is going to be late.
JUst by a few days or weeks?

Raven

JUst by a few days or weeks?
Not sure. It went onto the test universe yesterday which means it was one or two days late doing so. Probably won't be but a couple more days.

Legend

2.6.2 is set for today right?

Raven

2.6.2 is set for today right?
Not sure. Haven't checked.

Raven

2.6.2 is live now and it came with the Drake Buccaneer.

Raven

Raven

Apr 05, 2017, 04:38 AM Last Edit: Apr 05, 2017, 04:41 AM by Raven
According to the most recent Citizen of the Stars video, there is an upcoming sale for a new concept ship called the Defender.

Also, on April 6th it appears that they are going to re-reveal the Cutlass. There was a lot of backlash over the ship initially because it deviated a bit from the original concept and even the devs admitted that it was poorly designed in every way. So they've been doing a rework of it. Personally, I'm pretty excited because as of right now it's the most expensive ship I own. When I heard they were doing a rework I picked it up at its current price since rumor is once it is re-revealed, the price is going to go up because it's larger, more detailed, and better equipped than it was originally.

Raven

Go Up