Programming Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 13, 2016, 10:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

In general.  
The Machine is just hardcoded with simple replies. I don't really know anything about chatbots beyond what a 5 minute google search would show.

the-pi-guy

Oct 30, 2018, 06:34 PM Last Edit: Oct 30, 2018, 06:45 PM by the-pi-guy
The Machine is just hardcoded with simple replies. I don't really know anything about chatbots beyond what a 5 minute google search would show.
This is what I was thinking to do.  

But now I'm somewhere between figuring out something a little smarter or making an AI bot.  
Some ideas I have for the former are like maybe having the bot save the previous response, and doing something more with it.  But really that's probably  something that shouldn't be messed with.

And now I'm feeling like the whole thing shouldn't be messed with.  

darkknightkryta

You can always make a legit A.I. and have it take over the world via chat and memes.

Legend

This is what I was thinking to do.  

But now I'm somewhere between figuring out something a little smarter or making an AI bot.  
Some ideas I have for the former are like maybe having the bot save the previous response, and doing something more with it.  But really that's probably  something that shouldn't be messed with.

And now I'm feeling like the whole thing shouldn't be messed with.  
What I've really loved is the concept of making an AI/chatbot that is just designed to "predict" how a human would respond. e.g. have the program go through every one of your posts on this website and figure out your general response patterns and just repeat them.

the-pi-guy

What I've really loved is the concept of making an AI/chatbot that is just designed to "predict" how a human would respond. e.g. have the program go through every one of your posts on this website and figure out your general response patterns and just repeat them.
I've had that exact thought....

Legend

the-pi-guy

Nov 05, 2018, 12:51 AM Last Edit: Nov 05, 2018, 01:22 AM by the-pi-guy
Looking at a problem for a class.  Guy who implemented it made some mistakes.  Trying to fix them for a good hour. 

All done, except one example still isn't giving the right answer.  I spend a good 30 minutes looking it over unable to find any issues. 

Frustrated I look at the updated assignment, and find out the teacher had the wrong answer for the last example. 

the-pi-guy

So I've decided to make a little project.

Going to make a dumb chatbot to practice Japanese with.

It's going to have prewritten questions and responses, and it'll be set up to find the question that is closest to what the user has written.  

the-pi-guy

So there's apparently a way to set up png's so they are viewed as different images depending on what system you are using to browse them.  

Saw it on reddit.
There's an image that shows up in Chrome as... something very naughty.

And it shows up in Photos on Windows as a picture of a tree.

Legend

So there's apparently a way to set up png's so they are viewed as different images depending on what system you are using to browse them.  

Saw it on reddit.
There's an image that shows up in Chrome as... something very naughty.

And it shows up in Photos on Windows as a picture of a tree.

Yeah stuff like that is fun. Was it using this? Magic PNG Thumbnails - Tristan Hume

the-pi-guy

Yeah stuff like that is fun. Was it using this? Magic PNG Thumbnails - Tristan Hume
Not sure how it was made.  

the-pi-guy

So I want to make something to use with flash cards.
First thing I want is:
Cards that have a wrong streak should come up more often.  To give the person more practice.  
I'm thinking the last 20 attempts should be saved.  

This is pretty easy.  Store it as an int where the pattern is what was correct.  Simply shift.  Add 1 if it was correct.  Super efficient computationally.  

The other thing is, cards that haven't been used in a while should come up eventually.  

Saving the last few times a card was used, doesn't seem very efficient.  Saving the next time it's available seems to be the way to do it.  

It's not my favorite though.  

Next step up is saving the previous and the next.  Which is probably what I'll do.  

Legend

You could order all the flash cards like a deck. After a card is drawn, it is put back into the deck based off its history. A correct card goes to the very back of the deck while a card that isn't correct goes in the middle or closer to the front depending on your stored int. As long as this algorithm is balanced correctly, you could pretty easily control the draw rate of cards based off their history while making sure the same cards are are drawn at roughly even intervals.

Random variation could be put in by drawing not necessarily the first card in the deck. Say 50% the first card is drawn, 25% the second, 12.5% the third, etc.

Xevross

Oh I forgot about this thread. Might post in here a few times for help with my project.

the-pi-guy

I made a .jar file to automate a command line input that starts a (premade) server from a python command to make it easier to run a graphics demo written in javascript in a web browser.  

Go Up