Movie Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

*Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 Spoilers Lie Ahead!

I went to watch the new Hunger Games yesterday. I must say, I was slightly disappointed. Having not read the books I didn't know what was going to happen and I didn't really like the plot. I think they focussed on the wrong points and they could have made the deaths more meaningful, for example
Spoiler for Hidden:
I feel like I should have been so sad when Prim died but I didn't feel sad in the slightest... and when Finnick did it was as if he was just a random extra

I didn't really like how the film played out really,it was a revolution yet they just sort of worked their way through a city, avoided a few traps had some bombs dropped on them and then Katniss was told that they won, it was way too easy for the rebels. There was a few moments which I guess were supposed to be surprising twists but they were so goddam obvious
Spoiler for Hidden:
(like when she shot coin)
And of course, all along, it was just a love story.

It was better than the bore-fest that was part 1 but nowhere near as good as the original or catching fire. 6/10 for me.
The last book was the best one.  If they stayed close to the book it would be alright.  I did wonder how they would handle
Spoiler for Hidden:
prims death, as in the book it's pretty horrific

The money grab is what killed part one, there was no reason to split the last book into two movies and it just made part one long and uneventful.