What do you hope Sony does moving forward?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 21, 2022, 08:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

so let's say all of that goes into gaming aquisitions,..  what's the best case scenario before they run out of cash.
You know they could always adjust that figure right?

kitler53

Jan 22, 2022, 06:21 PM Last Edit: Jan 22, 2022, 06:23 PM by kitler53
You know they could always adjust that figure right?
of course they could but they don't have infinite buying power either.  it could only be adjusted up sooo much. 

Just under Take Two's value.  

More easily, they could buy Embaracer or both Ubisoft and Square Enix.
just checked on Ubisoft.  6.5 billion market cap but P/E over 80.  give it 3 months and the market cap will reduce to ~1 billion. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

of course they could but they don't have infinite buying power either.  it could only be adjusted up sooo much.
just checked on Ubisoft.  6.5 billion market cap but P/E over 80.  give it 3 months and the market cap will reduce to ~1 billion.
I think it would he hard for MS or Sony to buy ubisoft. They fought a hostile take over and took an investment from tercent. Id doubt they would sell to MS or Sony. But then again, tencent apperabtly owned 5% of Activision

I think Sony should start doing long term marketing deals with the biggest publishers for their biggest games.

A marketing deal for the next 4 battlefields, or next 3 or 4 major rockstar games. That will ensure even if they are bought by MS, they have to release all those games on PS. I feel that can be somewhat a deterrent for MS buying publishers for billions when their next 4 or so major releases will have to be on PS as well.

kitler53

I think it would he hard for MS or Sony to buy ubisoft. They fought a hostile take over and took an investment from tercent. Id doubt they would sell to MS or Sony. But then again, tencent apperabtly owned 5% of Activision

I think Sony should start doing long term marketing deals with the biggest publishers for their biggest games.

A marketing deal for the next 4 battlefields, or next 3 or 4 major rockstar games. That will ensure even if they are bought by MS, they have to release all those games on PS. I feel that can be somewhat a deterrent for MS buying publishers for billions when their next 4 or so major releases will have to be on PS as well.
that's a good idea actually.  a cheap way to be on the defensive. 

the-pi-guy

I wonder if Sony could make some kind of arrangement so that Sony owns some share of the company and also have first dibs on any kind of acquisition.  

BananaKing

I wonder if Sony could make some kind of arrangement so that Sony owns some share of the company and also have first dibs on any kind of acquisition.  
There are those types of agreements yes. I think EA had one with respawn

the-pi-guy

Deviation, haven entertainment and firewalk, if the games they make are successful they should have deals ready to buy them.
Forgot to mention it, but Firewalk is owned by ProbablyMonsters, who owns 2 other studios (one is working on a co-op RPG, and the other an adventure game).

the-pi-guy

Buy bungie. I've been saying this forever lol. I think some Chinese corporation has a stake in them now? If so that might be hard to get
Now you can say something else forever.

BananaKing

Jan 31, 2022, 09:17 PM Last Edit: Jan 31, 2022, 09:53 PM by BananaKing
Now you can say something else forever.
Buy Fromsoftware, CDPR and ioi. Lol

I think ioi is very under appreciate value wise. They gots lots of potential and are making a bond game. Supposedly an xbox exclusive too, but I really don't wanna see MS buy them :(

kitler53

after sony literally pulling cyberpunk from psn,.. i feel like that aquistion isn't going to happen.   not sure i'd want sony to take on that mess.  i'd kind of rather MS takes on that hot mess because its not like they even put out much.  witcher 3 was 2015 and their last "good" game.

ubisoft at 6B + 20% would make a big statement that sony's not going out quietly that they can afford.
take two would be an even bigger statement but would pretty much tap out sony's buying power.

i like legends argument for epic.

emberlabs is my personal favorite pick-up.
lucid seems like a likely pick-up too.

Remedy probably can't stay independent in this environment.

FromSoftware, imo, would be the biggest loss to the playstation ecosystem for me.  i'd probably have to switch to xbox if MS bought them so lets call that a defensive play.

who's left?

the-pi-guy

Jan 31, 2022, 10:08 PM Last Edit: Jan 31, 2022, 10:12 PM by the-pi-guy
I think CDPR would be expensive for not a lot. They have a PC store front, a few decent successes, and a game that was a colossal mess. I don't foresee them going after them.

Lucid seems likely.

The deal is a significant buy from PlayStation. Sony is not a small organisation, but it doesn't have pockets as deep as some of its competitors. Nevertheless, Ryan says the firm is not done in this area.

"We should absolutely expect more," he concludes. "We are by no means done. With PlayStation, we have a long way to go. I will personally be spending a lot of my time with Pete and the team at Bungie, helping make sure that everything beds down right and that autonomy means autonomy. But elsewhere in the organisation, we have many more moves to make."

This sounds like they have some big plans.

kitler53

This sounds like they have some big plans.
the acquisition of vizioneck seems likely.  

SWORDF1SH

the acquisition of vizioneck seems likely.  
They can't afford Mikey

kitler53

what if sony's upcoming ps+++ service comes with full access to the GaaS seasons passes.   

...that would probably get me to sub.  i loved destiny but just couldn't deal with the 3 monthly expansion pass BS.   ..but if ps+++ included just always being up to date with destiny i'd be pretty happy about that.   its not entirely the money but the hassle..

Go Up