Next gen owners: what do you want improved with your console?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 16, 2022, 12:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Inspired by:

Windows Central: Xbox feedback analysis: The top issues Xbox fans want to see fixed in 2022

What are the top issues you want improved on your consoles?
- Games related
- Services related
- UI related

the-pi-guy

PSN as a whole: search is weirdly bad. I search for Disgaea 5, and it favors the 5 for some reason. Littlebigplanet dlc makes up the first 10 results. The game is like the 15th result.

kitler53

Jan 16, 2022, 01:43 AM Last Edit: Jan 16, 2022, 01:48 AM by kitler53
I feel like I've answered this before but...

increase the limit on share play from 1 hour to 4.

a Facebook like place within PSN for me to post my screenshots and videos to and can see what my friends post.

option for my digital purchases to be played via the cloud.  improved cloud saves are required to make this worthwhile.

more music service support than just Spotify.  I specifically use Amazon and YouTube.  I think they recently added apple music so that's a start but it's not the service I use.

Google photos.

3D 360 video support for psvr.

for those ps+ trophy hints not to suck balls.

to flip the home button press. short press to return to the main system.

screen casting support for iOS and Android.

poop emojis

ability to gift digital games.

support for a better range of Bluetooth headphones.  how my Sony headphones can't be used is beyond me...

video chart that is compatible with non playstation devices.  i facetime/android my family but it would be sooo much more convenient to use my PlayStation camera.

web browser

themes

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

PS5 UX overhaul. It looks nice at the home area but outside of clicking a game to play, it's not nice to use. Don't like the store, the quick options, the switcher, the downloads page, the ps button, etc. The xbox ux has so many things/ads that fill up the home page yet it's so nice to use.

$60 games. Not planning to buy anything at $70.

Gamepass games should give a longer notice before they leave, or just not leave at all.

3D bluray and game support.

PS3 bc support.

PS5 web browser beyond Sony support pages.

PS5 auto login based off controller, like xbox.

VRR.

Chloe from Detroit as my home screen.

kitler53

Jan 16, 2022, 10:08 PM Last Edit: Jan 16, 2022, 10:14 PM by kitler53
I'm going to add PS3 BC including honoring my existing digital library.  

at this point there is Soo much rumor regarding it I'm going to be mad if it isn't true.   ...and yes that makes me an bumb. 

PS5 UX overhaul. It looks nice at the home area but outside of clicking a game to play, it's not nice to use. Don't like the store, the quick options, the switcher, the downloads page, the ps button, etc. The xbox ux has so many things/ads that fill up the home page yet it's so nice to use.

$60 games. Not planning to buy anything at $70.

Gamepass games should give a longer notice before they leave, or just not leave at all.

3D bluray and game support.

PS3 bc support.

PS5 web browser beyond Sony support pages.

PS5 auto login based off controller, like xbox.

VRR.

Chloe from Detroit as my home screen.
what's a not to like about the store?  I used to always go to the web to buy but now that
1. it's fast
2. it it integrated with my wishlist
3. more videos and screen than the web
4. I kinda just like that it's on my tv. gives me warm fuzziest that the media I'm consuming is really representative of the game I'll be playing. 

I really can't think of anything to hate on. 

I'll agree about the rest though. it gets the job done I guess but it's not one where they really gave deep consideration to what people want and make that work.  it's typical UiUx professions prioritizing pretty looks over function.  I fight those guys all the time at my work. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens