General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Am I having a stroke?  
I could swear he made this video a few years ago.

Legend

Oct 19, 2020, 07:57 PM Last Edit: Oct 19, 2020, 08:05 PM by Legend

Am I having a stroke?  
I could swear he made this video a few years ago.
Haven't watched yet. I think he had a video that talked about gif vs gif, but not a video only about gif vs gif.

edt: This was the one I was thinking of, but it never mentions gif. IDK, but the gif video content itself definitely felt new to me.

the-pi-guy

Haven't watched yet. I think he had a video that talked about gif vs gif, but not a video only about gif vs gif.

edt: This was the one I was thinking of, but it never mentions gif. IDK, but the gif video content itself definitely felt new to me.

Like half of the video feels really familiar. And half of it feels new.

Super weird.

Legend

I'm getting fiber internet!

Actually saves us a lot of money and allows us to ditch Comcast mostly. Also doesn't have a bs data cap which we hit this month.

Legend

It's alive!

I feel stupid not doing this sooner since fiber has been available at our house for a few years.

nnodley

UK approved a covid vaccine!  Hoping US does the same.  All that more closer for this circus to be over.

Legend

UK approved a covid vaccine!  Hoping US does the same.  All that more closer for this circus to be over.
I fear that things are far from over, but it'll be great to start making progress.

kitler53

I fear that things are far from over, but it'll be great to start making progress.
but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  i agree the worst is still to come but there is reason to hope.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

ehhh i personally don't think so, but we will see.  

Legend

ehhh i personally don't think so, but we will see.  
Vaccine will still take a long time to get distributed, and there will be increased indifference towards masks and social distancing as the rollout progresses imo.
but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  i agree the worst is still to come but there is reason to hope.
Definitely reason to have hope! Last few weeks have been a bit scary with the virus hitting close to home so I'd love if I'm just being pessimistic.

the-pi-guy

We are still a year away from it being done. But we are getting there.

kitler53

Vaccine will still take a long time to get distributed, and there will be increased indifference towards masks and social distancing as the rollout progresses imo. Definitely reason to have hope! Last few weeks have been a bit scary with the virus hitting close to home so I'd love if I'm just being pessimistic.
i'm not sure what happened because people who are friends with me have been serious about being cautious with covid,..  but among my friends and family in the last few weeks i have about 15 people that got sick.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

@Dr. Pezus

How do you feel about Icelandic?

Dr. Pezus

@Dr. Pezus

This guy really likes Iceland, doesn't he?

What's to feel? It's a great language but has many rigid rules which makes it difficult for even many Icelanders to write or speak correctly.

It's definitely lacking when talking about science compared to English. We often use English/Latin slang at the hospital and sometimes I have a hard time finding an Icelandic word for something (like diseases, anatomy and stuff).

I have not noticed young Icelandic people speaking English between themselves (except as a joke or a game or something like that)

the-pi-guy

@Dr. Pezus

The video still hasn't loaded in, and yet I am 99% confident I know what it is.  

Go Up